mobo won't post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobo won't post

I just bought an extreme9 990fx motherboard and I keep geting multipul error codes when I turn my PC on these are the error codes that I have gotten so far 07 09 04 50 45 54 53 5e I have tried removing and putting my parts back in I have tried putting different ram in i have tried. Putting 1 stick of ram in at a time I have also tried all ram slots my computer specs are 2 evga gtx 670 SC 4gb Kingston hyper x. 1600 MHz 8g x2 ram corsair TX 850 power supply creative soundblaster zxr corsair h80 cooler Intel 250 gB ssd 2 TB Toshiba HD fx 8150 black edition windows home premium and wd calvier blue 500 gb hard drive
    Last edited by aleric204; 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM.

Re: mobo won't post

The codes you are referring to are called POST codes, and do not necessarily indicate an error. Each code represents a certain POST operation, and if one of those fails, the code shown indicates which operation failed, and POST stops. Codes displayed and then changing to another indicates the operation finished successfully, and then POST continued.

The last or second to last code displayed indicates the problem. If you have listed them in order, 5E is not defined, but 53 is: Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected.

Please post the exact, full model number of your memory, it may not be compatible.

Comment

This is the exact model number and Is in the qvl on asrocks site KHX16C9P1K2/16 the last code and the most common code I keep getting is 50 but if I reseat the ram and clear the cmos I usually get 07 untilled I reboot and then I get 50 again
      Last edited by aleric204; 04-08-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Can you make it into the BIOS?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I cant even get my monitor to Even turn on

Comment

For the moment, remove all but the critical to boot pieces and retry. One video card in the correct slot, one stick of mem in the correct slot, CPU+HS/F. Nothing else.

The manual will show you which slots to place/seat the one vid and one mem.

Is there an "Auto' button on the monitor that will automatically select the "hot' input? Press it and test.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I have tried removing and putting my parts back in I have tried putting different ram in i have tried. Putting 1 stick of ram in at a time I have also tried all ram slots
              Same codes?
              It remains only to check the CPU and mobo... socket and cpu pins.
              Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by Rale View Post
                Same codes?
                Um, their original post doesn't look like it.

Originally posted by aleric204 View Post
                .. I keep geting multipul error codes when I turn my PC on these are the error codes that I have gotten so far 07 09 04 50 45 54 53 5e

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                  Um, their original post doesn't look like it.
                  Duno, everything is plausible...
                  I thought that dr.Debug LED codes "duplicate" speaker codes and bios boot % (if there no error), and according to parsec description it work like debug expansion card.
                  Originally posted by parsec View Post
                  The codes you are referring to are called POST codes, and do not necessarily indicate an error. Each code represents a certain POST operation, and if one of those fails, the code shown indicates which operation failed, and POST stops. Codes displayed and then changing to another indicates the operation finished successfully, and then POST continued.
                  I was trying to OC i5-3550 + z77 ex4 + 4x KVR kit 1600@1866-2133 and get almost same codes. (than ram was replaced with 4xhynix 1333@2133)

ASRock > Support > FAQ
                  01-54 (except 0d), 5A-60 Problem related to memory.
                  55 The Memory could not be detected.

p.s. forum is require offtopic bbcode ))
                  Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

I tested the ram and the graphics cards and no difference I just can't get it to give me any video

Comment

Are you doing this with the components assembled inside the case?

If you are it's time to test it outside the case.

Comment

I tried testing the parts outside of the case with no luck. If this makes a difference the heatsinks are scorching hot

Comment

If this makes a difference the heatsinks are scorching hot
                          Yea

Comment

I tried testing the parts outside of the case with no luck. If this makes a difference the heatsinks are scorching hot
                            I assume that is the CPU heatsink at least, or what else? "Scorching hot" was determined how, by touch I assume? Since you use a H80, what is actually hot?

Comment

Sorry about being vague on which heatsink I was talking about. I was refering to the three heatsinks on the mobo the ones for the north bridge and south bridge

Comment

Working...
                              X