Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BSOD during startup with igpu enabled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BSOD during startup with igpu enabled.

If I start my system with the screen off, I get an instant BSOD when the Windows boot starts. If I disable multi-monitor in the eufi, the problem goes away. I need the igpu, though, to be able to use intel quicksync, which I do through use of a dummy monitor. Whether a dummy monitor is on or not does not affect whether or not I get the BSOD.

I've been struggling with this for a while now and ever since I got the system. I've had it through multiple fresh installs (Win 7 and 8) and every single driver I could get my hands on, from Asrock or from intel including the latest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BSOD during startup with igpu enabled.

Some info on just what displays you're using and to what ports they're connected might go a long way in helping you.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I have an ATI graphics card, which is running HDMI to a plasma HDTV. Other than that, no other video ports are connected.

Comment

Follow the below tutorial and report back.

Oh, so that us other Users here know what you have there system-wise, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Action! Tutorial - Intel Quick Sync Video on Desktop PC with PCI-E graphics card
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks, I updated the specs. I didn't need to follow the tutorial since I already have quicksync set up correctly with a dummy monitor. I've been using it for a while with lav video decoder.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X