990FX Extreme4 with FX8350 CPU, New build no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme4 with FX8350 CPU, New build no post

I just set up my new build and got an utterly disappointing problem. Here are the specs:

990FX Extreme 4 (bios 2.0)
    FX8350 CPU
    Geforce GT 640
    2x8 GB Gskil 1866 RAM
    256GB SSD

Nothing special about it. When I hit the power button, all the LED's come on and the fans run but there is no post and I get no output to the monitor on either HDMI output of the gfx card. Dr debug shows "00" which according to the Asrock site means check CPU and clear CMOS. I re-seated the CPU and still have the same issue. Since it won't post I'm assuming a mobo problem, but are there other things I should try?

Thanks.

Re: 990FX Extreme4 with FX8350 CPU, New build no post

Did you inspect the CPU pins with a magnifying glass to make sure that there is not one bent pin ? Press and hold you clear CMOS button on the back panel.

Reseat the graph card. What slots did you use for memory ? 24pin and 8 pin power correctly seated ?

You need to get the debug code cleared, swap memory around, check CPU, use DVI to start.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

You didn't forget the 8-pin ATX12V1 power connector at the top of the board did you?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        You didn't forget the 8-pin ATX12V1 power connector at the top of the board did you?
        I really wish I could say no to this....

Apparently it's been too long since I built a PC and I wasn't paying good enough attention to what I was connecting. Now I just gotta try and boot up again.

Comment

I asked the same, glad I wasted my time.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
            I asked the same, glad I wasted my time.
            odie, you fall outta the wrong side of the bed this morning?
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
              odie, you fall outta the wrong side of the bed this morning?
              A beautiful Saturday morning that it is.

Suns up in full force, the birds are chirping. We'll be at the beach cold drink in hand oogling the bikinis before too long

Comment

Originally posted by jshu23 View Post
                I really wish I could say no to this....

Apparently it's been too long since I built a PC and I wasn't paying good enough attention to what I was connecting. Now I just gotta try and boot up again.
                BTW, Hello and Welcome from a fellow Michigander.

You running there OK now?

Comment

Hello and yes I am running fine now. Thanks for the help. Sometimes you just forget the simple solutions. Loving my new setup...big difference between the dual core 2.2GHz I replaced with the 8 core 4.0GHz.

Comment

Working...
                  X