PCI-E help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI-E help

hi i received my new extreme11 a few days ago and cant seem to get Pci-E 5, 6 & 7 To register my 3-way or 4-way sli setup all the cards work in the other slots but wont work in 5 6 or 7 am i doing something wrong or is it a board problem.

Re: PCI-E help

3 Days and no help man my board must be really F*&^ked up still no reply from asrock either

Comment

It's rare that you will get a reply from a actual worker at asrock.

So you have the X79, its the only 7 slot.

I haven't read your manual yet, but wouldn't you be using the 1, 3, 5 for 3way, and 1, 3, 5, 7, for 4way, so I don't see why you would be wondering about 6.

Are you sure you have placed the 4way into the slots that the manual calls for ?, and how do you know the last one is not working, does 4way show as 3way and you can't get 4way to enable ?.

So now after checking your manual, you must be in slots PCIE1, PCIE3 and PCIE5, for 3way, and slots PCIE1, PCIE3, PCIE5 and PCIE7 for 4way.

Have you done this, and this, Please connect a chassis fan to the motherboard’s chassis fan connector (CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2 or CHA_FAN3) when using multiple graphics cards for better thermal environment ?

Did you connect the 4wat bridge correctly, add all the power plugs ?

Are the cards identical, do you have the newest driver ? what are the graph cards ?

There is a power connector on the motherboard, looks like the old HDD plugs, did you take one of your PSU power plugs and plug it onto the the motherboard so she has added power ?

Did you turn on the sli 3way or 4way in the nvidia control panel ?
      Last edited by odiebugs; 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

i have 4 evga gtx670 super-clocked cards all cards are identical.

i am also running 9 case fans but 4 are on the h100i from corsair

i have extra power to both of the 4-pin molex connectors on the motherboard.

i cant get 3 or 4-way SLI to work using PCIE 5 and 7 so i think PICE 5 and 7 are dead.

But i can get 3-way SLI to work in PCIE 2, 4 and 6.

i have updated the bios to the latest version

i am running the latest graphics drivers

please note there is a system browser that allows users to view all plugged in components and

when a card is plugged into PCIE 5 or 7 nothing shows up and no image displays

and these 4 cards ran 4-way SLI on my old x79 Champion from asrock

is there any other info that yous need
        Last edited by Cramalot; 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

You mean the one in the BIOS, the system browser ?

I know there where problems with the system browser with memory, what BIOS version do you have ?

I would ignore the system browser for a minute, which ever set up you want try it, but use the slots it calls for which ever you use 3way or 4.

Now if using the 4way, make sure you have the 3 straps plugged onto the cards, power, now go into the nvidia control and enable 4way.

If you don't see it after a reboot or it won't enable, then the OS can't see the cards, but if it does enable, then it can, and just ignore the system browser.
          Last edited by odiebugs; 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Have you gone into the BIOS and set gen 3 for all the pci-e links ?

Did you notice the BIOS version 2.50 with added VGA support, I think you should update you BIOS to the newest 2.70

Before you try the setup.

Clear CMOS, reset the BIOS, flash the new one, run windows experience index, install the set up and check BIOS.
            Last edited by odiebugs; 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Flashed the bios and updated to 2.7 still not showing in windows

tried a few other thing as well have tried 11 different cards both ati and nvidia in PCIE 5 & 7 and no luck even set PCIE 5 as primary still nothing

think ill just take it back and get another one

Comment

Working...
              X