Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme6: problem with pci-e 3.0

Hi!
    My system is i3770k with asrock Z77-extreme6, 16gb ram...
    I've recently bought a hd7970 (sapphire vapor-x).... if I leave the first pci-e set as "auto" in the bios-entry for the "generation" of the slot (1.0, 2.0, 3.0) the system will set it to 2.0 ... no problem ... and everything works ok ... (as for my old hd6970)

If I try to force it to GEN3, it only works for the first time when I turn on the PC (and the video card is set correctly to 3.0) ... but if I shut down the PC, at the second firing, however, the video card is no longer detected (I have to connect the integrated Intel and reset to "auto" in the bios) ...

Ideas!?

(excuse my BAAAD english!)

Re: Z77 Extreme6: problem with pci-e 3.0

Please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' so that we know what you have there system-wise.

BTW, your English is fine.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' so that we know what you have there system-wise.

BTW, your English is fine.
      done! ;)

Comment

Is there a specific reason and or purpose you aren't running the latest released BIOS, 2.60?

Many times they'll include/roll up fixes in new BIOS releases that aren't or do not get documented.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I use the Z77 Extreme 4 board, and an EVGA GTX 650 video card, which supports PCIe 3.0, and I have not had this issue.

It's very hard to say if it is the ASRock BIOS on your board that is the problem, or the video card/driver. As wardog said, you should try the latest 2.60 BIOS, you might get lucky.

Comment

Working...
          X