Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock z68 Gen3 Extrm3 - Critical Kernel Error 41

Hello guys,
    I had the Kernel Error about 5 Months ago and then after shutting the following settings in BIOS off i managed to be able to play games with my rig: clock spread spectrum, eist, c1E support, c-state, hardware prefetcher, adjacent cache line prefetcher.

But now it started to make trouble again...I even updatet to the 2.20 Version :/

My PC:
    Intel i5-2500k
    NVDIA GTX 580
    ASROCK z68 Extreme3
    Be quiet 520w
    Ram 8GB...(not sure atm.)
    Windows 7 64bit

I have mad Ram tests and Temp tests; and they are not the problem. Even swiched from 570 gtx to 580 but no difference at all.

I am really sad. Please Help me

Sincerly,
    Phil

Re: ASRock z68 Gen3 Extrm3 - Critical Kernel Error 41

That GTX580 can pull ~240w and carries a minimum PSU requirement of 600w.

So if I was a betting man .................. now would be a good time to start monitoring your GPU/PSU/MB voltages with a monitoring program.

And yes. Kernel error 41's can and very frequently do point to a power supply issue. Mostly they relate back to hardware, be it overclocking, PSU, memory, and or heat.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM. Reason: add GPU/
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thank you wardog for your time and thoughts!

Can you name one program which can do the things you named (psu meter)? And then i can tell you the exact result.
      Tho i dont undestand, why does my pc work for 2 months then get dizzy and spits the 41 error then gets ok and makes no problems at all for another 5 months and now since today it started to **** wirh me again (i played the hole week cs go and np... But today :/)
      Also, i am able to run FurMark without the pc crashing (strange indeed)

Good night from austria!

Comment

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Oh. I forget, but IIRC FurMark only stresses the GPU, or the GPU mostly. Not the whole system.

Comment

Working...
          X