Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD and raid1 dont work

Re: SSD and raid1 dont work

First, you must set the SATA mode to RAID to create any kind of RAID volume. You cannot create a RAID array in AHCI mode.

What are you using to create a RAID array? AMD RAID software? Windows virtual disk option?

You want to use one Vertex 4 for Windows, and two 1TB WD HDDs for the RAID 1 array, correct?

When installing Windows, and using the AMD RAID, did you install the "SATA RAID Driver (For system to read from floppy diskette during Windows installation)", that you download from your boards driver download page? This driver can be put on a USB flash drive and is read when the Load Driver option is displayed during the Windows installation.

Once you install Windows correctly, then you can create the RAID 1 array with the two 1TB HDDs.

Comment

Last edited by Manuel Marie-luce; 03-01-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Dont work after upgrade i dont know i dont have solution

ciao

Hi
        perhaps i got a solution

stupid windows and drivers

i used gparted, ssd in ntfs, install start and stop ....
        after i see drivers are for X86 so i cant use a windows 7 ( x64) ....
        i trie and we ll see ...
        one hour to wait ...

bye

Last edited by Manuel Marie-luce; 03-01-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Your problem is probably this, it is always best to install Windows 7 with only the OS drive connected to the PC. Otherwise, Windows tries to put the MBR on another drive, which may be failing because of the RAID 1 array.

So, only have the SSD connected to the PC, and install Windows. When that is done, then create your RAID 1 array. Of course, set the SATA mode to RAID before you install Windows.

Comment

Hi
            impossible to install ssd alone in raid
            with disks dont work , without too
            when i start i dont see ssd , when i put driver "raid ahci" i see ssd but windows refuse the install...
            i can use ssd only in ahci , dont work in raid mode ...
            if you have a suggestion ....

thanks

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            Your problem is probably this, it is always best to install Windows 7 with only the OS drive connected to the PC. Otherwise, Windows tries to put the MBR on another drive, which may be failing because of the RAID 1 array.

So, only have the SSD connected to the PC, and install Windows. When that is done, then create your RAID 1 array. Of course, set the SATA mode to RAID before you install Windows.

Comment

Hi
              i know perhaps why my raid dont work ....
              its supid but it a possibility
              I got a ssd and 2To, my raid its 1 and 1 TO ( in the bios i can see 1To in mirror ) but in reality i got 2 TO and 120 giga ...
              So perhaps i need to use raid not with bios but with uefi in command line ...
              but i got a stupid question...
              can i do the ssd + raid in uefi and i start windows install
              or i put ssd alone in ahci i put windows on it, i do upgrades for win ... i reboot and install raid ?
              i think i see the issue ...

Originally posted by Manuel Marie-luce View Post
              Hi
              impossible to install ssd alone in raid
              with disks dont work , without too
              when i start i dont see ssd , when i put driver "raid ahci" i see ssd but windows refuse the install...
              i can use ssd only in ahci , dont work in raid mode ...
              if you have a suggestion ....

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X