ASrock FM285X cannot get rid of instant boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock FM285X cannot get rid of instant boot

I added the software bundle that came with the mobo and tested out the instant boot. The instant boot is ok, but my problem is that I cannot turn it off. I have tried to disable and remove the instant boot, and no matter what I do the boot sequence still shows the instant boot bios flash and the hibernate loading Windows startup. As I stated I have removed instant boot from windows, and verified that the bios setting does not have the fast boot enabled.

The real problem that I am experiencing is that I believe this has disabled other features. For example the sleep button on the start menu will not sleep the computer... it sends it to away mode. Additionally I have no way of changing the sleep button in the advanded power settings now. That option has completely disappeared. Also I cannot initiate a task to sleep the computer, which is where I am really not happy, as I would like to be able to set up tasks to create sleep wake schedules, but unfortunately since the machine is only going to away mode on the command (same as start menu sleep command) I cannot do so.

Any help on how to restore my normal boot and my normal power config would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JJHTPC

Re: ASrock FM285X cannot get rid of instant boot

Wow, it sounds like Instant Boot changed some Windows settings regarding power options (which includes Sleep and Hibernation) that are not readily available in Windows. It sounds like you followed the correct procedure for turning it off. There is very little documentation about it AFAIK, which does not help.

I don't know what settings Instant Boot changes, or if you can fix them on your own. One way to check and hopefully reset things is with the Windows command line program, powercfg. That is run from an Administrator level command prompt, the "cmd" window. You'll need to familiarize yourself with this command, it has many options and can show you the current state of the Windows power options, and should allow you to reset them.

Comment

Yes I have gone through powercfg. I was hoping the may be sone formal support here. The only thing I can think to do is update BIOS, but I only like to do that as a last ditch effort. This is my main whole house media pc.

Comment

Hi jjhtpc,

After you enable "Instant "boot" function, system will create "ASRock Instant Boot" plan in power plan page and use this plan.

If you don't want to use Instant Boot function and would like to change power plan, you can change power plan to "Balanced (recommended)" in "Select a power plan" page.
        "Balanced (recommended) option is default setting of power plan.
        (Path: Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options)

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

I have removed the ASrock instant boot power profile and reverted to the balanced profile. That was very simple and was not my problem. My problem is that this software has changed settings on the power plan, and even after disabling and uninstalling instant boot the power profile was not reverted to it's original state.

Additionally I cannot POST upon boot. I think my computer will boot and restart properly, but I cannot tell as the the instant boot has now given me the shortened boot sequence and the windows splash screen has been replaced by the resuming from hibernate splash screen. I would like the abiltiy to revert these to their normal state. Where I see the windows splash screen, and I can see the POST to BIOS.

It would also be great if I could get all of the power settings back that are normally available in windows. For example the ability to change the start menu sleep button has been removed. I believe this is also impacting my system where if I setup a task to send a command to put the computer to sleep that command through powercfg is now only being recognised as away mode instead of sleep.

Is there a way to uninstall instant boot and revert the settings that I had before this software was installed?

Comment

Maybe do a sysyem restore to before the utility was installed..

Comment

Originally posted by jjhtpc View Post
              I added the software bundle that came with the mobo and tested out the instant boot. The instant boot is ok, but my problem is that I cannot turn it off. I have tried to disable and remove the instant boot, and no matter what I do the boot sequence still shows the instant boot bios flash and the hibernate loading Windows startup. As I stated I have removed instant boot from windows, and verified that the bios setting does not have the fast boot enabled.The real problem that I am experiencing is that I believe this has disabled other features. For example the sleep button on the start menu will not sleep the computer... it sends it to away mode. Additionally I have no way of changing the sleep button in the advanded power settings now. That option has completely disappeared. Also I cannot initiate a task to sleep the computer, which is where I am really not happy, as I would like to be able to set up tasks to create sleep wake schedules, but unfortunately since the machine is only going to away mode on the command (same as start menu sleep command) I cannot do so.Any help on how to restore my normal boot and my normal power config would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,JJHTPC
              Dude I have a saloution for you. Had the same problem. Re-installed instant boot then disabled it from it's own interface and everything went back to normal. I 'm sure it will help.Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X