Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the New Asrock Am3+ 990FX Extreme 9 Motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the New Asrock Am3+ 990FX Extreme 9 Motherboard?

I have just one question concerning this board all the other specs are fantastic ,but what I want to know is does the board have 2 x16 slots that you can run in crossfire or sli? i think pci 1 and pci 4 are both x16 but I am unsure if they crossfire or sli in x16 or x8/x8. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Question on the New Asrock Am3+ 990FX Extreme 9 Motherboard?

From pg 21 of the online manual:
    Code:
    2. In CrossFireXTM mode or SLITM mode, please install the PCI Express
    x16 graphics cards in PCIE1 and PCIE4 slots. Both these two slots
    will work at x16 bandwidth.

3. In 3-Way CrossFireXTM mode or 3-Way SLITM mode, please install the
    PCI Express x16 graphics cards in PCIE1, PCIE4 and PCIE5 slots.
    PCIE1 will work at x16 bandwidth, while PCIE4 and PCIE5 slots will
    work at x8 bandwidth.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I don't know why they have to be so cryptic with this information on the descriptions you read at the store? You would have never identified this capability reading about it at Newegg...;)

Comment

Thank you for the information I couldn't figure it out even going to asrock it did not point blank state that it had 2 x16 slots on the board, and it was the one concern that was holding me up on my purchase. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X