Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse shut down & bio's flash knocks out Array!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse shut down & bio's flash knocks out Array!

Hi Everyone! I have a couple of issue's that I can't find the answers for. I'm kind of new at this so please be patient with me. 1. The mouse being turned off when running Paragon Disk Manager 11 Pro from the disk. My board is a Fatal1ty P67 Pro LGA 1155 Intel. (First Issue) I use Paragon to do back ups of my SSD so I have to run it from the disk. In doing so, when the program loads up the mouse turns off, & I have to do everything from the key board. In the bio's legacy is turned on also tried it on auto setting, I have the mouse in the Fatal1ty USB slot also tried the 2.0 slot, same results. What is turning off the Mouse & How can i fix it?

(2nd Issue) 2.When Flashing the bio's it not only clears the settings saved in the bio's but also takes out my Stripe array. I put the latest bio's from Asrock site on a usb drive to use instant flash & it would not work, so had to flash under windows. After flash re-start the Array is gone, I then have to use Paragon to re-build the array. Any help with these Issues would be Greatly Appreciated!

Re: Mouse shut down & bio's flash knocks out Array!

A Microsoft mouse stops working on a Windows PC? That is strange, do you have the any specific software installed for that mouse? My MS mouse will run with the default Windows mouse driver, but needs its own driver to have all its features active.

When you say you run Paragon from the disk, that means you boot from the Paragon disk? If so, and you have a wireless mouse, that explains why it won't work. If it is not wireless, than the Paragon boot environment does not have a driver for your mouse. A simple, basic wired USB 2.0 mouse connected to the rear I/O panel on a USB 2.0 port will likely work.

About your RAID array, are you using the Intel RAID, or something else?

If it is the Intel RAID, when you flash the BIOS by any method, all the BIOS settings go to default values. The default SATA setting is AHCI. You must set the SATA mode to RAID in order for the RAID array to work.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      A Microsoft mouse stops working on a Windows PC?
      He types out with a humorous grin. Oh the irony! ...... Steve Balmer then interceded with . More H-1B's and we could remedy this.

If it is not wireless, than the Paragon boot environment does not have a driver for your mouse. A simple, basic wired USB 2.0 mouse connected to the rear I/O panel on a USB 2.0 port will likely work.
      Last edited by - wardog -; 02-26-2013, 07:47 AM. Reason: add end quote tag
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        He types out with a humorous grin. Oh the irony! ...... Steve Balmer then interceded with . More H-1B's and we could remedy this.

(Elvis P. voice) Thank you very much...

BTW 'dawg, can't PM you, your folder runneth over...
        Last edited by parsec; 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

BTW 'dawg, can't PM you, your folder runneth over...
          Opps. Me bad. Remedied.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Uhhh, still not working for me for some reason...

Comment

Damn, I've butchered 'em down to double digits of 200 allowed!?!

"You have 64 messages stored, of a total 200 allowed."

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                Damn, I've butchered 'em down to double digits of 200 allowed!?!

"You have 64 messages stored, of a total 200 allowed."
                Yes. I too procrastinate

Comment

Ahh, revenge is sweet!

Comment

Thanks parsec for replying. Yes, I Booted from the Paragon disk. Yes, I updated the drivers for the mouse thru Microsoft & it's not wireless & it's 2.0. Mouse still disappears When I boot from the Paragon disk. Tried a different program today (Magic Disk) to see if the mouse would disappear, it did. Legacy is on. (Issue 2) I did change from AHCI to Raid after flashing the bio's. It still killed the array. Yes, I'm using the Intel Raid. I've flashed the Bio's three times since board purchase with same results.

Comment

I've used RAID 0 arrays on Intel chipset boards for several years, and have updated the BIOS on those boards many times, and have never lost the RAID volume. They have all been OS volumes too.

I would flash the BIOS, restart the PC and immediately go into the BIOS, which you should be forced to do whenever the BIOS is updated, you should see a prompt about that. The first time into the BIOS, I set the SATA mode to RAID, change other unrelated things, and save, exit, and restart. On that restart you should see the Intel RAID Option ROM displayed during POST, and see any RAID arrays you created previously displayed in it, as well as any drives connected to the Intel SATA chipset. If you don't see this, something if wrong. If the array was corrupted, you should see that shown in the display, as a Failed volume.

I go into the BIOS again, and set the boot order correctly, save and exit and restart. The PC should boot fine at that point from the RAID volume.

What drives are you using for your RAID array, and what type of RAID volume are you creating? What do you use to create your RAID arrays? What version of IRST are you using?

Where do you plug your mouse into the PC? You must use a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel when booting from disks like that. Are you using a USB hub for the mouse?

Comment

Hi parsec, I have 6 Samsung 1Tb Drives. 2 Are Striped, 2 Are Mirrored & 2 are Singles. The arrays Volumes are 64K. The Version of IRTS is 11.7.0.1013, When system boots up there's an area to hit CTRL-I that takes you to the settings for building the arrays. This is what I used. The steps you wrote down is exactly what i did. On the rear of the i/o panel there's a usb slot called Fatal1ty for mouse. That's where the mouse was plugged in. I'm not using a hub. I just Moved it to a 2.0 slot to see what happens. Will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                        X