Mouse not recognized by motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse not recognized by motherboard

I just recently built my first computer and I am still working out some issues, one of which is that my ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 wont recognize my Gigabyte Aivia Krypton mouse. Let me clarify some, I can plug the mouse into the rear 2.0 ports and windows starts installing their drivers, and from there I can use the mouse normally (moving the cursor, clicking, surfing the web). The problem starts when I install Gigabytes Ghost software, which is basically where you can go to adjust your macros, profiles and color schemes for the mouse. When I launch the software the mouse isn't recognized, in fact I get a message that says "mouse not recognized." I also get this message when trying to install the latest firmware. I am putting this on the ASRock support forum because I connected the mouse to my Dell laptop and it works with no problem, the software recognizes the mouse and the firmware installs without a hitch. This is the second mouse that I have had THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM with, but with the previous mouse I just assumed it was DOA or the software was messed up in some way.

So what I have tried to do so far is use the two different 2.0 ports on the back, I have even tried the 3.0 ports (all 6 of them) and I still get the same message. I have also went into the device manager and uninstalled the drivers from there and plugged my mouse back in to reinstall them, that didn't work either.

I have all the latest ASRock drivers and the latest BIOS also. If anyone can help AT ALL I would really appreciate it, thanks. Also if you have any questions I will answer them as best as I can.

Re: Mouse not recognized by motherboard

Any chance it behaves differently were you to disable Legacy USB Support on the USB 2.0 ports? And while obviously plugged into the USB 2.0 ports?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

No it didn't work, I appreciate the reply. Btw what mouse are you using ??
      Last edited by Dalinkwent; 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Logitech MK520 Wireless Combo. Completely different from yours but suits my office and browsing usage.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Do you have the ASR XFast USB software installed? I don't know that this software will cause an issue with your mouse, but just a thought.

The USB 2.0 drivers are provided by Windows 7, none exist for download from ASRock for USB 2.0. Did you try to search for a Windows HotFix for this problem? Does your laptop use the same OS as the problem PC?

Does Windows/Device Manager recognize your mouse correctly, or as a generic mouse?

I don't use a gaming mouse either, but two different wireless mice I use, Logitech and MS, work fine. Each have their own software for configuration, but it's not for the same purpose as yours is.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            Do you have the ASR XFast USB software installed? I don't know that this software will cause an issue with your mouse, but just a thought.

The USB 2.0 drivers are provided by Windows 7, none exist for download from ASRock for USB 2.0. Did you try to search for a Windows HotFix for this problem? Does your laptop use the same OS as the problem PC?

Does Windows/Device Manager recognize your mouse correctly, or as a generic mouse?

I don't use a gaming mouse either, but two different wireless mice I use, Logitech and MS, work fine. Each have their own software for configuration, but it's not for the same purpose as yours is.

Yes I have the Xfast USB installed and I will look into that maybe causing some problems, since me and Bing have become great friends lately =)

No I haven't researched any HotFix's but I will now, thanks.

It recognizes it as a "HID - compliant mouse," I guess that is generic since the actual name of the mouse isn't there, could that be a problem?

Yes both my laptop and the desktop are both using Windows 7 64 bit home premium

Thanks for the great advice and I will be looking into these.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
              Logitech MK520 Wireless Combo. Completely different from yours but suits my office and browsing usage.
              Ok because I noticed you also had a Z77 Extreme series motherboard and was just wondering what mouse you go to work on it, thanks.

Comment

*UPDATE*

I just called ASRock and talked to one of their tech guys and he said that the USB controllers sound faulty so I can just RMA the board and they will send out a new one. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it!

Comment

That makes little to no sense: the controllers faulty.

Physically the KB worked in Windows just fine, only the software didn't. That tells me anyways the controllers are fine.

Before you disassemble it, you might try the current Z77 drivers from the Intel Download Center and look for an updated driver to the ASM1042 USB controller also. The files available on the ASRock site are dated.

Comment

That makes little to no sense: the controllers faulty.

Physically the KB worked in Windows just fine, only the software didn't. That tells me anyways the controllers are fine.

Before you disassemble it, you might try the current Z77 drivers from the Intel Download Center and look for an updated driver to the ASM1042 USB controller also. The files available on the ASRock site are dated.

He may have misunderstood and thought that the mouse didn't work at all either way they are sending me a new board because something isn't right with it, I have tried 2 mice from 2 different company's, and I only get the problem with this computer.

Thanks for the driver advice I downloaded the newest versions of both (and some other Intel drivers that were old) but they didn't help.

Also the tech guy said that I could send my mouse along with the board so that he could set it up on the new one. There is a form that you fill out that has the mouse info like product number, serial number, description and condition to verify that what you sent is what you receive. Have you heard of a company doing this? I don't want to send my mouse and them not send it back, I mean they are a pretty big company and not some mom and pop store so it seems legit. Could you just let me know what you think? Thanks.

Comment

I haven't heard of that before. Interesting. Well, I guess if you trust them to be returning the correct MB I don't see any issues with including the mouse(sry, said KB earlier).

Though, I'd include a detailed sheet that outlines what you've done, what you expect as a result of the conversation you two had(ie reasons for including the mouse and driver CD) and a driver CD with the software for the mouse.

You stating here that "He may have misunderstood and thought that the mouse didn't work at all" bothers me some. Before going though and sending it in I would make another call into Tech Support. Be clear and concise that the mouse itself functions in Windows but that the macro software itself is unable to locate the mouse upon software installation.

Comment

I haven't heard of that before. Interesting. Well, I guess if you trust them to be returning the correct MB I don't see any issues with including the mouse(sry, said KB earlier).

Though, I'd include a detailed sheet that outlines what you've done, what you expect as a result of the conversation you two had(ie reasons for including the mouse and driver CD) and a driver CD with the software for the mouse.

You stating here that "He may have misunderstood and thought that the mouse didn't work at all" bothers me some. Before going though and sending it in I would make another call into Tech Support. Be clear and concise that the mouse itself functions in Windows but that the macro software itself is unable to locate the mouse upon software installation.
                        Thanks for the reply, I think those are some good ideas and I will probably do all of them. I actually filled out an RMA form after my last post, and in it I gave a detailed reason for the return but I will also put in another call to them before tearing my computer apart, and also put in some more info about everything I have done to try and remedy the problem.

Another WAY off subject question but since I have you on the "line" I'd figure I would ask. I have an Asus 660ti Direct CU 2 OC (its not the top edition) and it is rated at around 970Mhz core clock and around 1050Mhz boost, but I just did my first run of 3D Mark 11 (performance not extreme) and it says that my card runs at like 735 Mhz. That seems way to low to me.

Do you have any suggestions? Also I have good airflow, few cables obstructing the flow, and it has a 2 fan cooler on the card itself. It just seems odd that its running that low IMO. Any feedback would help, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalinkwent View Post
                          Another WAY off subject question but since I have you on the "line" I'd figure I would ask. I have an Asus 660ti Direct CU 2 OC (its not the top edition) and it is rated at around 970Mhz core clock and around 1050Mhz boost, but I just did my first run of 3D Mark 11 (performance not extreme) and it says that my card runs at like 735 Mhz. That seems way to low to me.

Do you have any suggestions? Also I have good airflow, few cables obstructing the flow, and it has a 2 fan cooler on the card itself. It just seems odd that its running that low IMO. Any feedback would help, thanks!
                          Ha! Sorry there bud but I'm the last one here to ask of video card questions like this. I'm the slap it in and forget about it type when it comes to gfx cards

It's best you go HERE and ask that, lest it remain buried here in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X