Asrock OC Formula can't post, Debug code 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock OC Formula can't post, Debug code 53

Hi, I have an OC formula that won't post, to save time I'll tell you what I've already done. The board was working fine in November, since then the PC has been in storage while I finish my mod. I took it out this week and it stopped working. The Error code is 53, and the speaker has 3 long beeps indicating it can't find usable memory, but I suspect something else.

This week I fired it up and it appeared to be running fine. I ensured the WC was working well and all components were in working condition before hooking up a monitor and trying to post. I did notice the code 53 coming up each time but didn't think much of it at the time. Unfortunately since I have hooked it up, I have never been able to post or get any video out, via onboard HDMI or the video cards. I have used the PCI express switches to try and find a culprit but this did not help.

I have tried memory one at a time in each slot. This is with a Mushkin kit DDR3 1600. I have also tried with an Avexir DDR3 1600 module to no avail. I have removed all components except for the CPU and memory and still the same error. I have tried resetting the BIOS via switch, jumper, and removal of the CMOS battery. I have tried using the backup BIOS but no love. I reseated the CPU to ensure that it appeared normal and correct seating, no change and it appeared to be seated just fine.

I have checked the power supply and tested it, it is fine including the 24 pin and 12V EPS. I have checked various jumpers and settings to no avail. I have even checked the pressure that the WB has applied to the CPU. No luck.

The one thing I have not done is breadboarding. I have also not checked the voltages via probe but I suspect that is not a real problem.

The only other symptom that is bothersome is the fan headers for CPU fan1 and CPU fan2 have stopped working. I have not been using those ports, as I have a couple of radiators and a number of fans that I control elsewhere. But the fact that they are not working and are very close to the CPU socket makes me suspect I have a mobo issue. I am not sure what could have caused this, there are no physical indications of any problems. It is possible during testing that I may have used one or the other very briefly, but mostly the fan headers are superfluous for my setup.

The power supply fan is connected to the mobo via the power fan header, so that is working fine. AFAIK, the other fan ports are functional as well.
    Tomorrow I am removing the mobo from the case and attempting to get it going that way. In the meantime, I am eager to hear of any suggestions. I do believe I have exhausted most logical steps and this is a particularly vexing problem. Of course I don't want to RMA the board unless I have to, but I am drawing a blank here.
    Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
    buzznut

Re: Asrock OC Formula can't post, Debug code 53

When you have it out of the case, try putting a cpu cooler/fan on the cpu without bolting it down[ just gravity]. That has worked for some folks. :)
    Z77 OC FORMULA RIP -------- Asus P8Z77-V
    CORSAIR TX 650W -------------XFX PRO 550W
    I7-3770K ------------------------- I7-3770K
    Thermalright HR-01+---------- Thermalright HR-01+
    KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX------- KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX
    HIS HD6450 RIP---------------- INTEL 4000-- GTX550 TI
    LIAN LI PC-A70F ----------------Coolermaster 330

Comment

Originally posted by malmal View Post
      When you have it out of the case, try putting a cpu cooler/fan on the cpu without bolting it down[ just gravity]. That has worked for some folks. :)
      Thanks

I certainly will do that. Its breadboarded now and the intel HSF is there. For some odd reason I can't find the mounting bracket the mobo came with, should be in the box that's what I always do...

Comment

Well, it looks like RMA time. This puts my mod even further out. Ya buy a $240 motherboard, you expect it to last more than 6 months. Especially since I haven't been using it..

Comment

Working...
        X