Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N68C-GS FX Not boot with DDR3 RAM

Hi,
    I recently bought a new DDR3 Ram to upgrade N68C-GS FX. Previously it is running on 2G Kingston DDR2 Ram. But when I installed the DDR3 RAM (one module only, pulling out the ddr2 ram), the computer won't start. No POST beep, or any kind of beep code at all. The display show nothing but a big black screen. But when I switch back to DDR2 ram, it working fine. I tried to clear the CMOS, and install the ddr3 ram again, but still no help.

This is the DDR3 RAM I use : Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G.

When I check on the memory QVL, I saw KVR1333D3N9/1G and KVR1333D3N9/2G are compatible with the MOBO. Is this the reason why N68C-GS FX can't detect the RAM?

Thanks

Re: N68C-GS FX Not boot with DDR3 RAM

Have you tried moving the stick between the two DDR3 slots and seeing if would boot properly?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Turn out is my own fault. I thought my processor is athlon II x2 which is AM3 socket, but the truth is it is Athlon x2 which is AM2 socket only. That's why it is not working. After I switch it to Athlon II AM3 processor, it work like a charm now. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

hehehe. Yea. AM2 and DDR3 aren't friendly towards each other.

Anyways, ya go it sorted out.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X