ASROCK Instantboot V1.23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Instantboot V1.23

hello as from yesterday my ASROCK Instantboot v1.23 stopped working. I have tryed different selections and the one I like to use is fast mode(pls keep AC power) on setting. I have also tryed regular mode. the computer reboots and I even get the asrock blue screen telling me it will shut the pc down message. once the computer re starts it doesn't shut down?? I have updated the Instant boot to version 1.29 but still no different? can anybody help?

Bios system is p.190? windows xp service pack 3 home edition

http://www.asrock.com/mb/nvidia/k10n78d/ this is my motherboard ;also i have noticed on the instant boot page the enable icon is missing and there is only a deactivate icon
    Last edited by shearminator; 02-22-2013, 04:30 PM.

Re: ASROCK Instantboot V1.23

update to post I did a system restore back as far as feb 12th and it was working back then and still no joy I shut down pc and it restarts and doesn't shut down :(

http://www.asrock.com/feature/instan...?Model=K10N78D is all the info i can see on this page
    Last edited by shearminator; 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I'm starting to feel like i've lost the battle :( tryed reinstalling ASrock instantboot v1.23 and still no joy!!!!! instead of shutting down the pc it keeps it awake once you reboot. but when i disable ASrock instantboot it will shut down

does anybody know on the blue instantboot control panel if it has an enable button? mine only shows a disable one
      Last edited by shearminator; 02-23-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

so nobody in the ASROCK world knows why instantboot has stopped working on my k10n78d motherboard?

Comment

Well let's see, ASRock's Instant Boot is basically Windows Sleep, either S3 Sleep for "Fast" mode, and S4 Hibernate for "Regular" mode. That is described here:

ASRock > Instant Boot

All that it claims to do beyond Window's S3 and S4 functions is "no accumulated garbage data", which is rather ambiguous.

So there really is no booting of the PC happening here, just Sleep or Hibernation.

Who knows what it actually does, and what has happened now that it seems to be corrupted. This is all controlled by Windows, and I would check which Power Plan is being used, and its Advanced settings. Using the Windows powercfg command in a CMD window may allow you to reset things that have been changed by Instant Boot.

Comment

Hi shearminator,

Please kindly update the latest BIOS P1.80 from below link to try again.
            Link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/K10N...wnload&os=BIOS

If any question, please kindly let me know.
            Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD
            Emily

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              Well let's see, ASRock's Instant Boot is basically Windows Sleep, either S3 Sleep for "Fast" mode, and S4 Hibernate for "Regular" mode. That is described here:

ASRock > Instant Boot

All that it claims to do beyond Window's S3 and S4 functions is "no accumulated garbage data", which is rather ambiguous.

So there really is no booting of the PC happening here, just Sleep or Hibernation.

Who knows what it actually does, and what has happened now that it seems to be corrupted. This is all controlled by Windows, and I would check which Power Plan is being used, and its Advanced settings. Using the Windows powercfg command in a CMD window may allow you to reset things that have been changed by Instant Boot.

I believe my BIOS says it's 1.90 version and emily gave me the link to the k10n78d page and the latest versions are 1.80? I tryed downloading the settings and no joy? I get an error: driver msg when I try and run the update. if all instantboot is lke a sleep mode then I really shouldn't worry?

Comment

Your installed BIOS version is displayed on the Main page in the BIOS.

What does it say it is in the BIOS?
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pcscreen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	753566
                  Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                  Your installed BIOS version is displayed on the Main page in the BIOS.

What does it say it is in the BIOS?

Comment

Well then I'd say you need to decide whether you have:

what your system specs in the dropdown you listed as a "ASRock k10N78D"

or

what your BIOS proclaims as an "ASRock K10N78" ....... sans the "D" at the end.

---

ASRock > K10N78D

ASRock > K10N78
                    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

shearminator's PC Specs
                      Motherboard ASRock k10N78D NIVIDIA nFORCE 720D chipset
                      Motherboard BIOS version p.190
                      Originally posted by shearminator View Post
                      So yea, I'd have given you the same advice _and_ the same link Emily did.

Last edited by - wardog -; 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                        Well then I'd say you need to decide whether you have:

what your system specs in the dropdown you listed as a "ASRock k10N78D"

or

what your BIOS proclaims as an "ASRock K10N78" ....... sans the "D" at the end.

---

ASRock > K10N78D

ASRock > K10N78

the box and everything that came with it is with D on it

Comment

the box and everything that came with it is with D on it
                          Look at the motherboard itself, right under the green PCI-e slot.

What model number is printed there?

Comment

ah yes no D

Comment

ah yes no D
                              Uh huh.

Look at the pics on the two links I provided above and verify that the corner of the MB where the sata ports reside jive with what you're looking at inside your case. The sata port layout differ between these two models.

Comment

Working...
                              X