Can't load USB 3.0 drivers, Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 - M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't load USB 3.0 drivers, Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 - M

I've just completed a new build for my wife. The system features a Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 - M motherboard. The only problem that I've encountered is that the system refuses to upload the USB 3.0 drivers on the supplied driver disc. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I've checked the Asrock web site and found no drivers or directions there. Any assistance will be most appreciated.

configuration

Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 - M motherboard, bios 1.10
    16 gigs G-Skil RAM
    Samsung DVD-R
    SanDisk 256gb SSD
    nVidia GT 640 video card

Under Device Manager, 2 entries under "Other devices" -- "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller"

Error Message after attempting to upload driver from disk using supplied Asrock AMD series DVD:
    "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
    Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
    AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    If you know the manufacture of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

Is the driver disc defective?
    Last edited by Carl Brasseaux; 02-20-2013, 04:04 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Re: Can't load USB 3.0 drivers, Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 - M

The USB 3.0 drivers are part of the AMD All-In-One driver package and upon installation no other individual drivers should be necessary fot the AMD chipset/cpu.

Have you first installed the all-in-one driver package?

Try "Uninstalling' these two entries listed in Dev MGR and either doing a "Rescan for new HW' or rebooting to see if this might rectify what you're experiencing.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Meh, I now see BIOS 1.30 is available. If you're comfortable flashing BIOSs you might probably use the Instant Flash method to update to 1.30.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        Meh, I now see BIOS 1.30 is available. If you're comfortable flashing BIOSs you might probably use the Instant Flash method to update to 1.30.
        Thanks a million for the heads-up about the AMD all-in-one driver. The initial installation was apparently corrupt. Reinstalled and that fixed the problem. Again, thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
        X