Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z77 extreme4 trash it and order from a different manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 extreme4 trash it and order from a different manufacturer?

Got a good deal on the z77 extreme4 during the newegg holiday sale. I've never used asrock for a build before but the board is the highest rated on newegg so I thought I'd give it a chance. I've had 4 different evga gtx 670 FTWs and out of them only one works with this board. First one wouldn't work. Got returned it to amazon and the replacement worked great with my cooler master silent pro m600. Wanted to upgrade to SLI so I got a cooler master silent pro m1000 and ordered another 670. Add the second card to the board and bios sees it but windows doesn't (yes I disabled the ivy bridge integrated video). So I returned that one and got another one. Same exact problem. These newer cards are also unstable on the board even with just them running. I've read that getting a response back from ASrock is like pulling teeth so I'm wondering if I should just toss the extreme4 and order a different board from asus or something. Even with the original working card I'm now seeing micro stuttering (audio and video) that wasn't there before attempting to put anything new in the system. Power supply maybe? I guess I could try swapping back in the m600 with the old card and see if that works. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Hohlraum; 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM.

Re: z77 extreme4 trash it and order from a different manufacturer?

I heard back from ASrock. Their solution was to run PCI gen 1.

Comment

Working...
    X