Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Display Question for FM2A85X Extreme 6 + A10-5800k

Hi all,

I really need some help here as I have scoured various forums but can't find any answers. I am actually going to purchase the parts in the next few days. My main purpose is more to multi-task, with a 3-4 monitor display. I do not require an extended desktop or eyeinfinity sort of setup as I am happy with 3 monitors displaying 3 different stuff. Here is my planned setup:

CPU: A10-5800k
    MOBO: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6
    RAM: 2x Kingston DDR3 4GB Ram
    HD: Western Digital 500GB
    PSU: Seasonic 1211 520
    ATX: Antec One
    Drive: Samsung DVD Writer

1. I read that the mobo says it "Supports Triple Monitor" on the site. So can I use the 3 of the following outputs: DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort and kickstart 3 monitors just powered by the A10 iGPU HD7660D?

2. I know inserting a graphic card into the mobo, it will disable the iGPU. Is there anyway I can change in BIOS such that I can use 2 ports from the iGPU and 2 from the GPU? I read that some could do it with previous ASRock z67 mobo.

3. Since the mobo has three PCIe2.0x16 slots, can i insert 3 different cards for minimum 6 displays in future?

4. Will the above 3 questions pose the same problems with ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 + i3 3220?

5. If all above fails, looks like I will need to go for ASRock 970 Extreme 4 + FX 6100 combination with two graphics cards. Will you prefer the A10 or FX6100 combi?

Thanks all for the help! I really hope I can have some answers before going ahead with one of the 3 builds!

Re: Monitor Display Question for FM2A85X Extreme 6 + A10-5800k

1. Yes. I have 3 monitors connected. HDMI, VGA, DVI. But you can use display port as well. I'm using an HDMI to DVI adapter on it.

2. I know if you use a radeon hd 6670 it will perform in crossfire mode but I'm not sure if you can use the display connections on the MB or just the card or both.

Sorry, I can't answer your other questions...
    Last edited by Odd1; 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hi metallickgoz,

For 3 displays question, FM2A85X Extreme6 supports "Triple Monitor"
      So you can use DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort at the same time, please refer to user manual page 29 to check the detailed information.
      Link: http://download.asrock.com/manual/FM...20Extreme6.pdf
      Note: When PCIE2 slot is occupied, the DisplayPort cannot be used.

For using onboard graphics and add-on VGA card question, please refer to user manual page 30 to check the detail.

For question 3, we don't suggest you use 3 different GPU's VGA card at the same time.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

Hi Odd1 and Emily,

Thanks for the replies!
        I will definitely try the setups and I can't wait to build the computer though I can't find any stock for the mobo currently, and have to wait till March.
        I have read the manual, and could I ask a question to clarify if the below are true:

1. Extreme 6 alone can support up to 3 monitors
        2. Inserting a Graphic Card and not enabling the Crossfire, can support up to 4 monitors. [2 from mobo, 2 from graphic card]
        3. Can I insert 3 cheap GPU card, which are similar models, this will enable support up to 8 monitors?

Thanks!
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X