Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock AM3+ board and Opteron 3350 HE pairing question

Hello everybody,

My intended new build relies on pairing the Opteron 3350 HE with a compatible ASrock board.
    In my country I can buy models based on AMD 970 (970 Pro3, Extreme 3 and 4), 990FX (Extreme 3 and 4) and Nvidia 720D (M3N72D FX). On the CPU support lists from the ASRock website, they all appear to support the elder and younger brothers Opteron 3380 and 3320 EE, but no information on 3350 HE is provided.

Is this because of ASRock not having the resources for testing all Opterons? Or only the 3380 and 3320 EE are supported while the other Opterons are not, even with the same architecture (Piledriver) and core revision?

Please, does anybody know with some higher grade of certitude if any of these boards is a compatible match to 3350 HE?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: ASRock AM3+ board and Opteron 3350 HE pairing question

Looking at the AM3+ CPU Support List (By CPU) it appears no ASRock boards support the 3350 HE.

ASRock > Support > CPU Support List (By CPU) > AM3+

To be absolutely certain I'd enter a support ticket at ASRock > Support Request Form .

ASRock employees are celebrating the New Year and out of the offices until Feb 18 so don't expect a quick answer/reply.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: ASRock AM3+ board and Opteron 3350 HE pairing question

Thanks for the reply. I've just submitted a ticket to ASRock and I'm curious on their answer, if any.

Comment

Working...
      X