FM2A85X-ITX - Fans Never Shut Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A85X-ITX - Fans Never Shut Off

I just got the FM2A85X-ITX yesterday. After installing the board into my Realan E-I7 mini ITX case, I installed a CPU cooler and two case fans. As soon as I connected power, all three fans spun up. I now have Windows 7 installed and after powering down, the fans continue to spin. The only way to get them to stop is to unplug the power.

Is this a bad board, power supply or just a BIOS setting that I have messed up?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jborden; 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM. Reason: Edited title to "Solved"

Re: FM2A85X-ITX - Fans Never Shut Off

I should mention that the case fans exhibit the same behavior even when connected directly to a molex connector. The CPU cool fan is connected to CPU_FAN1 (4-pin).

Comment

I was able to test the PSU with another motherboard. Same issue, so it's obviously the PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jborden View Post
        I should mention that the case fans exhibit the same behavior even when connected directly to a molex connector.
        How many watts is the AC adapter you're using? It appears you need at minimum a good 150w AC adapter to power the A10-5700 reliably.

ecosmartpc.com - E-I7 mini-ITX HTPC desktop computer case
        150W to support an AMD Trinity APU
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X