Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 970 Extreme3 Vcore problem

Hello all asrock's fan !
    I have just receiving a new MB asrock 970 Extreme 3 and i have a big problem:
    I can't modify the cpu voltage. In the bios in manual OC mode, i can put the voltage as i want, but vcore is always to 1.36v.
    For example:
    I put 1.3v (with 2500mhz cpu) in the bios. I go out with save setting and after the reboot, my bios is always on 1.36v instead of 1.3v.
    I had tested with any other value (1.35v. 1.4v or 1.45v) and vcore always on 1.36v.
    I don't understand the problem. I have disable cool and quiet, ce1 state, cpu throtle and put enable LLC without sucess.
    Any answer ?

Re: 970 Extreme3 Vcore problem

Try updating your BIOS to the Beta L1.21, some boards won't allow vcore changes, did you enable ACC ?

Your better off using the OC utility unless you know exactly what you're doing.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

After put the l1.21 beta bios on my 970 extreme3 MB, it is the same problem. All vcore value modified in my bios still 1.36v !

Comment

Originally posted by gesierfou View Post
        After put the l1.21 beta bios on my 970 extreme3 MB, it is the same problem. All vcore value modified in my bios still 1.36v !
        If you set ACC, UCC, set manual OC, and Vcore won't take adjustment, its probably the CPU and they don't want it raised.

Comment

But ACC and UCC aren't enable !
          It is the first motherboard that do is, really strange.

Comment

I'm actually surprised that L1.21 functioned for you considering it's now outdated.

And never mind the 960 you have req's BIOS 1.40 or higher, or so says the boards CPU Support List.

ASRock > 970 Extreme3 CPU Support List
            AM3 Phenom II X4 HD960TFBK4DGR 125W Zosma 3000MHz 2000MHz 512KB x4 6MB E0 P1.40
            Better knock on wood and reflash back to the latest BIOS.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I had put the newest bios 1.70, vcore setting issue are always here.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                I'm actually surprised that L1.21 functioned for you considering it's now outdated.

And never mind the 960 you have req's BIOS 1.40 or higher, or so says the boards CPU Support List.

ASRock > 970 Extreme3 CPU Support List

Better knock on wood and reflash back to the latest BIOS.

Thanks for posting, forgot what a pile of sht website ASRock is, what kind of clowns leave a outed Beta up, well I guess when you can't post win 8 drivers on most boards but have them for the most expencive
                board, its ASRock.

Comment

Working...
                X