ASMEDIA update firmware to version 0.95 on X79 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASMEDIA update firmware to version 0.95 on X79 Extreme4

Did anyone try to update the firmware of ASMedia 106xx SATA controller to 0.95 version?
    Does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks in Advance

Re: ASMEDIA update firmware to version 0.95 on X79 Extreme4

Originally posted by vsasca View Post
    Did anyone try to update the firmware of ASMedia 106xx SATA controller to 0.95 version?
    Does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks in Advance
    ASRock did not post a firmware update for the devise ID on your mobo, so where are you seeing this update, I need to see if its a batch file.

Comment

You can find it here:

ASMEDIA drivers & firmwares

Regards

Comment

You can find it here:

ASMEDIA drivers & firmwares

Regards
        DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE CONTROLLER

First try and run the ( 106spi.exe ) its the rom flash tool, if it say's error wrong media or something to this affect, then the devise ID does not match. If it doesn't work, windows error, but you don't get the wrong devise error, then do as below.

Take a flash drive that is formatted fat 32, make the flash bootable, you can google how to do this, then all you do is copy the AHCI.Bat file to the flash drive and boot from the flash drive, when BIOS post open the boot menu and pick the flash drive, it will update the controller.

If you are not using the native Sata 2, then do a bench with what ever drive you are using on the native, then the ASmedia, you will likely find the native is better. Not to be mean, but this is almost the same as the junk Marvell 9120, 9128, 9172, 9220.

The only real Sata 3 controller is a Marvell 9182, 9230. The only way you will ever get 500read from a good SSD.
        Last edited by odiebugs; 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
          DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE CONTROLLER

First try and run the ( 106spi.exe ) its the rom flash tool, if it say's error wrong media or something to this affect, then the devise ID does not match. If it doesn't work, windows error, but you don't get the wrong devise error, then do as below.

Take a flash drive that is formatted fat 32, make the flash bootable, you can google how to do this, then all you do is copy the AHCI.Bat file to the flash drive and boot from the flash drive, when BIOS post open the boot menu and pick the flash drive, it will update the controller.

If you are not using the native Sata 2, then do a bench with what ever drive you are using on the native, then the ASmedia, you will likely find the native is better. Not to be mean, but this is almost the same as the junk Marvell 9120, 9128, 9172, 9220.

The only real Sata 3 controller is a Marvell 9182, 9230. The only way you will ever get 500read from a good SSD.
          This is the message i receive:

ASM106X SPI Flash ROM Write V2.5
          Find 1 ASM106X Controller
          Can't find SPI ROM!!!

I have the same message when i use the command: 106spi.exe -u AHCI95A1.ROM or when i lunch the batch AHCI.BAT
          The controller is in AHCI mode.

Any idea?

Comment

This is the message i receive:

ASM106X SPI Flash ROM Write V2.5
            Find 1 ASM106X Controller
            Can't find SPI ROM!!!

I have the same message when i use the command: 106spi.exe -u AHCI95A1.ROM or when i lunch the batch AHCI.BAT
            The controller is in AHCI mode.

Any idea?
            It is not for the controller on your mobo, some mobo MFG's get certain hardware specifically for them, what is probably happening is the devise ID of your hardware does not match exactly to the update, so it can't find the
            one it was intended for.

If the hardware on your mobo had a problem, they would have put out the firmware on the download page.

If you tried to use CMD, even in admin mode to run the batch, it can still fail.

The only real way to make sure is running the batch in pure DOS, not windows DOS, and that is using a bootable flash drive, if you get the error using this method, can't find it, its because its not for the one on your mobo.

Comment

*******Real sorry. I should have looked at the file you didn't mention.

Copy everything from the folder you extracted, the N095, and place it on the bootable flash drive, then the the file N0951, its just a .bin, but it has a different ID, place this on the flash also.

Now boot from the flash, if there is a match, it will update, the batch could run one of the .exe, sorry I forgot to tell you to place everything on the drive.

Comment

Working...
              X