BSOD When Overclocking with ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD When Overclocking with ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

I have just built a new machine using the ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 mobo, running an Intel i5-3570K CPU. RAM is GSkill DDR3-1866.

Everything is stock configuration, except for running Intel RST caching with a 64GB SSD and a 1TB HDD, both SATA 3.

When attempting to OC at 4.4GHz, I get the BSOD just after bootup. I am using the latest ASRock BIOS (3.60).

Any ideas on what is going on?

Many thanks!

Mark

Re: BSOD When Overclocking with ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

In the absence of a bsod code and assuming your trying an auto overclock setting.try llc level 4
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' so that we know what you have there system-wise.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Not to mention what your CPU voltage settings in the BIOS are. Your question is to general, and missing all the important details.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          Not to mention what your CPU voltage settings in the BIOS are. Your question is to general, and missing all the important details.
          Forgive me, I'm a little new at this.

Just what type of info should I provide?

Thank you.

Mark Shneour

Comment

Working...
          X