Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem

hey,

first i have a problem with my Ram where every six months it dies and i have to buy anther one

happened 2 times and i just bought a new one

second thing
    the pc will suddenly freeze and all the colors will get scrambled and then it restart and

then it will just go to the windows loading screen and then restart on its own again
    sometimes it it just stays at the motherboard welcoming image
    with debugger showing different codes every times here are some of them:

03: North bridge Initialization before microcode loading,
    06: microcode loading,
    79: CSM initialization

but the most annoying one is "54: Unspecified memory initialization error"

but i leave it for for 10 - 30 minutes and run it again and it works fine.

my build
    Motherboard: AsRock 990FX fatality
    VGA card: Radeon HD67770
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    Ram: 4GB Kingstone DDR3 (1 stick)

Re: strange problem

Hello and welcome.

First up, in reading your reply at Tom's of this, uninstall the Ram Disk software and reboot. With only 4gb installed it's a fruitless effort to have a ram disk.

Second, as most ASRock boards I've encountered overvolt the ram, go into the BIOS and set the ram voltage manually. You'll most likely discover upon looking that it is overvolted.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

thanks wardog
      i manually set the voltage of the ram and waited for a day to see if the problem would happen again
      but nothing happened and the problem was solved

Comment

Good. Hopefully this stick of ram lasts a good long time.

Thanks for the post confirming, both here and over at Toms.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X