• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 Extreme 6 - No VGA video output

My setup :
    i7-3770k
    Gigabytes nVidia 670
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

When i plug in LCD monitor to D-sub VGA connector PC boot up but no video signal detected.. Should i connect to the discrete card instead?

As far i know both should be working..hmm

Pls help~

Re: z77 Extreme 6 - No VGA video output

Could you give the full specs and bios version plz, thx.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Im not sure bout the BIOS since i just got it from someone. No issue with the discrete card + DVI through..just curious why onboard VGA no video output..

ps; profile updated with PC specs

Comment

My board has no vga output or capability to use on chip gx ..but I did have trouble getting a gx card output.It eventually gave an output ,after numerous reseating of gx and only turning on the monitor as the machine was posting,but a77 owner..or other than a p67 owner at least! might have more info.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Originally posted by ethaniel86 View Post
          Im not sure bout the BIOS since i just got it from someone. No issue with the discrete card + DVI through..just curious why onboard VGA no video output..

ps; profile updated with PC specs
          Download CPUZ, if you want to know what the BIOS version is, under motherboard, it should be on the first page of the BIOS also.

If you have a video card installed the GTX 670, then you need to plug into the card not the onboard video, you also need to have the onboard disabled in the BIOS, if it has a option.

If the OS had onboard drivers installed, they must be uninstalled, when you plug into the card you will see the screen, generic drivers kick in until you install the nvidia drivers.

It might be a gigabyte card, but it is a nvidia chipset, get the drivers from nvidia. newest WHQL - 310.90
          Last edited by odiebugs; 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

alright got it working...have to remove gigabyte 670 and on board graphic works fine. getting new LED monitor next week..

anyway my BIOS is 1.6 should i update to latest 2.x ?

Comment

Working...
            X