Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H61M-ITX: PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

Hi,

I'm using an avermedia Twinstar PCIe TV tuner (A188D) but it's not being detected by any software nor showing in device manager. I've tried using win8 & 7 also using linux off a usb to no avail.

This is the card here:AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Live IPTV Streaming Encoder, Video Capture Card, Media Player and Multimedia Products - AVerTV TwinStar PCI-E

The card is PCIe x1 and the slot on the motherboard (only slot) is x16.

I have tried the tuner in another PC and it was detected fine, I don't however have any other PCIe devices to test in this motherboard.

I'm trying on a clean install with the latest drivers for everything installed and the latest BIOS 2.20

Can anyone help me out here?

Re: H61M-ITX: PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

What are your BIOS settings for the PCI-E, are there any ? is there a 2.0 3.0 setting ?

Comment

There is a link speed setting, options are: auto, Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3

I've just tried them all and the card was still not detected...

Comment

Try installing the drivers, reboot and see if its listed in device.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
          Try installing the drivers, reboot and see if its listed in device.
          Already tried this and no cigar.

I've been told elsewhere that it could be something to do with Intel's "PEG" so basically the slot isnt technically PCIe but only for graphics cards unless the BIOS supports the other cards... but I tried a x1 USB card in there and it was detected and installed fine :/

Comment

Originally posted by dannok View Post
            Already tried this and no cigar.

I've been told elsewhere that it could be something to do with Intel's "PEG" so basically the slot isnt technically PCIe but only for graphics cards unless the BIOS supports the other cards... but I tried a x1 USB card in there and it was detected and installed fine :/
            Is this option in the BIOS, PEG/PCI, if it is then the card should work under PCI.

Comment

There is only 2 mentions of PCIe in the BIOS:

One is an option to set default VGA should there be 2 graphics cards installed [onboard or PCIe]

The other is the link speed setting I mentioned earlier.

I have tried every conceivable combination of these settings and has made no difference.

I'm confused as the TV tuner works in another PC, other PCIe cards work in this slot, but when I put the two together... nothing?

Is there any way I can check for PCIe devices installed pre-booting into windows? The PC boots too fast for me to read anything during POST

Comment

I don't know what the one option looks like, its either shows which one-pci-e or VGA, or it just has VGA disabled-enabled.

Either way, set to PCI or VGA disabled should work.

As for windows no, the only reason the card would be seen in the first place, is if microsoft placed the drivers in windows, as it does with ton's of hardware.

I have a wireless card, win 7 needs the drivers, win 8 see's the card because they are in there. I actually install the newest drivers because most times windows has older.

The actual PCI driver is not the problem, it built into windows, its the driver for the card.

Windows has some TV card drivers installed this could be why it showed in another PC, but weird.

There is a lot of cards that when you put in don't show until you install the drivers for the card.

Did you read the instructions on installing drivers, maybe you made a mistake, or installed them twice and caused a problem ?

Have you tried to start over, uninstall the drivers and software for the card, remove the card, reboot, and start over ?.

As for my wireless card, the first time I didn't read the install, I installed the software/drivers, I was suppose to plug the card in then install drivers.

No matter what I did, I could not see the card, even after uninstalling, I was so mad I blew away windows and reinstalled, when I did it the right way, all was ok. 10 years ago.
                Last edited by odiebugs; 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Did you install the win 7 driver ? and win 7 media software ?

driver- 1.3.0.107 software - AVer MediaCenter:1.7.9

Comment

Did you install the win 7 driver ? and win 7 media software ?

driver- 1.3.0.107 software - AVer MediaCenter:1.7.9
                    driver 1.3.64.107 (for 64bit win7)

As for windows no, the only reason the card would be seen in the first place, is if microsoft placed the drivers in windows, as it does with ton's of hardware.
                    I didn't expect windows to recognize what the card was, but it my experience you don't need the drivers installed for the device to be listed in device manager. Sure it may be listed as 'other device' or something generic should windows find some basic drivers.

My problem - in windows it's as if there's no card in the PCIe slot at all.

I have tried a clean windows 7 install twice and on a win8 install also.

I'm thinking it's the BIOS which is not supporting the tv tuner card in the x16 slot. I've seen it with other motherboards and other various cards. I will contact Asrock support and hope they can supply me with an early BIOS update to enable the card or at least point me in the right direction.

Comment

Windows should have, nut let me clarify, it might not see the model, but windows should have seen that something was plugged into the slot, you're correct.

Devise MGR should have a hardware item listed with a flag as no driver. I don't see how the slot works, the card works, but on your board it doesn't.

If you tired clean installs, then something is really off, I hope its a simple item in the BIOS and you get an answer from ASRock, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Comment

Windows should have, nut let me clarify, it might not see the model, but windows should have seen that something was plugged into the slot, you're correct.

Devise MGR should have a hardware item listed with a flag as no driver. I don't see how the slot works, the card works, but on your board it doesn't.

If you tired clean installs, then something is really off, I hope its a simple item in the BIOS and you get an answer from ASRock, sorry I couldn't be more help.
                        Thanks for your help anyway.

As of now though my problem has been solved! Contacted Asrock and 24hrs later I had a custom BIOS P2.20a sent to me and all is functioning as it should. Awesome response time from Asrock!

Comment

Dear Dannok,

Thanks for your reply.

We have upload BIOS P2.20A to beta zone.
                          Link: ASRock > H61M-ITX

If any question, please kindly let me know.
                          Thanks!

Have a nice day
                          ASRock TSD
                          Emily

Comment

Working...
                          X