[ASROCK A75 EXTREME6] Please help me configure the PIN connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ASROCK A75 EXTREME6] Please help me configure the PIN connections

Hello, I've just built my first PC from the chassis up, but I'm a bit confused about some of the PIN connections. I entered the data for my new build on my profile page for easy reference, and I created an xtra-large graphic of the most confusing of the two connections I need help with — the SYSTEM PANEL HEADER, which I am uploading.

This being my first motherboard build, I only just realized that one of the greatest sources of confusion for me is that I was attempting to explicitly match the labels on the tiny lead wires from the front system panel on my chassis with what I was seeing in my Asrock manual. I only realized after sleeping on it overnight that they're two completely different brands. Well DUH (no wonder these labels don't match the reference in the Asrock manual) (I'm only glad I didn't make a complete fool of myself showing up here before sorting that minor detail lol).

Now, I have a mid-tower gaming case by Antec (as you'll see on my profile) and the front chassis panel containing such things as the
    • POWER BUTTON
    • RESET BUTTON
    • USB JACKS
    • AUDIO JACKS
    • LED LIGHTS

came with five wired PIN connections. Two of these are are single leads; the remaining three are double leads (meaning, two-wires joined to fill two pins):

Where you see a lead color-labeled identically to one with its black label, that is the color of that particular wire in its pair. Note the first two pins are the two single leads, which Antec has labeled POWER LED+ and POWER LED-.

If someone experienced with the A75 EXTREME6's motherboard layout could just confirm that I have interpreted the instructions from the manual correctly I'd appreciate it. So there is that.

Next . . . the Antec Chassis front power panel also has a variety of very thick (joined) wire sets which go to various other hookups (eg. USB, audio). The only one of these I am a bit confused about is the one that gave me the option of plugging in either HD AUDIO . . . or something called "AC'97". I presume that since I don't even recognize what AC'97 is that I am safe to just go with the HD AUDIO jack of this pigtailed set?

And finally, thank you so much for this forum! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions about obscure pins and various other tweaks on this motherboard but this is a good starting point. Thanks and I'll look forward to your reply.

semicodin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by semicodin; 07-06-2013, 05:34 PM. Reason: uploading newer graphic

Re: [ASROCK A75 EXTREME6] Please help me configure the PIN connections

I wouldnt dismiss ac 97

Google realtek.

Depends on whether realtek is the onboard sound and or/if you are using a seperate soundcard.

For normal use ac 97 connected would be the one to use.. otherwise the connection/removal of headphones on front panel might not detect etc.

The header pin connect is well a pia allways.. writing on leads should be turned toard cpu ,1 think, if there is confusion.
    Then again its 2 am here n Im too lazy to go check but a lil google may help
    Last edited by kick; 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

In looking at:

Antec Two Hundred - http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=2121&pid=2
      Manual - http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/Two...0Manual_EN.pdf

ASRock A75 Extreme6 - A75 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc.
      Manual - ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/A75%20Extreme6.pdf
      QIG - ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/qig/A75%2...6_multiQIG.pdf

I'd say you're good to go concerning the wire connections on the MB's System Panel Header.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        New build in progress: i7-3770K and H80i are here, and impatiently awaiting the as of yet undelivered in transit Z77 Extreme6.
        Wellcome back from "the dark side"
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

Comment

Originally posted by kick View Post
          Well, we'll see how things go and decide from there. Thx. My last Intel was a Packard Bell 486DX25 if that tells ya anything

In doing so, I've now gotten profJim calling me undeserved and down the nose names plus he's being a stalwart in denying me access to such a exclusive Club Membership.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

So I guess that would mean Wellcome back to "the dark side" huh profJim ??????

Comment

Thanks for confirming those pin settings. The reason I wanted to confirm them here is because I can't get the system to turn on. This is a brand-new PSU by Cooler Master and I'm trying to ascertain if the problem is on my end or theirs.

This (again) being my very first raw build (I'm an old hand at drives and cards), it is likewise my first PSU installation. This Cooler Master PSU has two "PCI-e 6-PIN" outlets on its chassis, and came with two plugs to go with it. I cannot see, however, where on my ASROCK A75 EXTREME6 motherboard these two would plug in, so I've left them disconnected; but before I pronounce this PSU D.O.A.

Comment

The 6 pin plugs are for a seperate gx card..which you dont have so no worries there.

You can test a psu,if you have a molex connection for a 12v fan and a paper clip.

Just do a google search (testing a psu paperclip) should give you plenty of articles/posts.
                Current Systems:

Comment

You can test a psu,if you have a molex connection for a 12v fan and a paper clip. Just do a google search (testing a psu paperclip) should give you plenty of articles/posts.
                  Kick, you're awesome man! I didn't even know such a test existed. This is definitely going into my hardware reference folder, right next to MEMTEST. Heading for Google right now and will report back . . .

semicodin

Comment

Originally posted by semicodin View Post
                    Heading for Google right now and will report back . . .
                    And if it should pass the paperclip test, seeings I don't read where you specifically state so, check that you haven't forgotten to connect the 8-pin ATX12V1 power from the PSU to the MB.

Which looking at the Coolermaster Silent Pro specs HERE is pictured as the "CPU 4+4 pin"

Comment

Working...
                    X