Cannot get multiple A75M-ITX boards to power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get multiple A75M-ITX boards to power up

Hi all. I purchased all the hardware I would need to build a new HTPC, which included a A75M-ITX board. I was not able to get it to power on. I checked the new PSU I bought and it tests well with and without load. I tried another known working PSU as well. I put it in another case to test the power button on the case, but that didn't help either. I contacted Amazon, where I bought everything, and they sent me a replacement board overnight. I tested this new board and same thing, now power up. I plugged a PS2 keyboard into it and the keyboard lights come on when I plug the PSU in, so I know current is making it that far.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the system panel header. It shows the power button should connect to pins 3-4 on row 1 with positive on pin 3. At least that's what it appears to be in the little picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ftp174.142.97.10manualqigA75M-ITX_multiQIG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	756135

I've never run into issues where I get no response on any of my system builds. Usually, I'd be met with system beeps if there was an issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Re: Cannot get multiple A75M-ITX boards to power up

Hello and Welcome.

So that us other Users here know what you have there system-wise, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

The placement of the power button appears correct the way you describe it and myself looking at the pic, 3 positive and 4 being the ground.

Without knowing the parts you're using, besides the 24-pin ATX power connection have you by any chance overlooked plugging in the 4-pin ATX12V1 power to the board?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks Wardog. I've updated my profile with the specs for the rest of the system I'm trying to build. The PSU comes with a standard 20-pin power connector and the additional 4 pin connector right next to it so you can use either 20 or 24, I used the full 24 pin. Yes, I made sure the 4 pin ATX power is plugged in too.

When I originally built it, I had everything done and in place when I tried to power it up. So when I got no response, I thought maybe I overloaded this PSU. I've since stripped it down to just the CPU and RAM, and still get nothing.

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm ..... Is the CPU cooler fan spinning when powered on?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Hmmm ..... Is the CPU cooler fan spinning when powered on?

No, I get nothing.

Comment

Eh, no spinning cpu fan huh? From here I'm left guessing a bad/defective PSU.

The odd of two boards in a row behaving this way is slim.

Comment

Switch,
              Just found your thread regarding the ASRock A75M-ITX board not powering up. I'm having the exact same problem with the build I working on now using this board. Just completed testing to the power supply and it all good. Hoping you may have discovered something that will work for me. Please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Any luck ever getting these to power up? I'm on my second board now with a known good PS and it just acts as if it is DOA.

Thanks,
                stoli

Comment

Hi all. I contacted support for ASRock and they had me do the same testing I had already done at least a half dozen times. Their final verdict was that I had a bad board and I should send it back for a replacement. That would make board number 3. I've never had this kind of luck with any system builds in the past, so I went back to what I know and like. It cost me a little more, but I have an HTPC that worked on the very first try and has been problem free. I sent it all back to Amazon and let them know what I had gone through. They refunded everything back to me, no questions.

CPU - Amazon.com: Intel G530 CPU 2.40 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.4 2 LGA 1155 Processor (BX80623G530): Electronics
                  MB - Amazon.com: Gigabyte LGA 1155 DDR3 1600 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Motherboard GA-Z77N-WIFI: Computers & Accessories
                  Case - Amazon.com: MI-008 Tower Black P4 Chassis with 250W Itx Psu+sata Power Supply: Electronics

Hope this helps.
                  --SK

Comment

Working...
                  X