X79 Extreme11 doesn't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 Extreme11 doesn't boot

I have been able to boot the pc the first 4 or 5 times in order to setup the bios. It had a problem with the RAM that didn't run at 2400mhz, so I tried to setup again and again.
    At one given point the MB booted over and over, never stopping and never giving the chance to enter it and reset to its defaults.
    Because it was booting over and over, I pressed the power button until shut it down. It's dead until now!
    I already tested booting with a new PSU connected to the board, but it remains dead. The MB doesn't respond to the power button of the chassis, neither the power button on the own MB. I have managed to evade the PSU problem! No problem with it.
    I'm trying to clear the CMOS, but as it seams I don't have power on the MB so it's impossible for me to reset it... I don't know what to do. All the equipment is brand new and I need your help because I think it has something to do with that looping boot and then turning the PC off. From then on, the MB stopped turning on/working.

Re: X79 Extreme11 doesn't boot

Try unplugging the power from the power supply and remove the battery from the middle of the board.
    leave it like this for an hour or two, maybe even also hit the power button once to drain all the power out of the system.

after a couple hours, replace the battery and power cord and try to boot. removing the battery should manually clear the cmos.

Syn

Comment

Originally posted by brunobm View Post
      I have been able to boot the pc the first 4 or 5 times in order to setup the bios. It had a problem with the RAM that didn't run at 2400mhz, so I tried to setup again and again.
      At one given point the MB booted over and over, never stopping and never giving the chance to enter it and reset to its defaults.
      Because it was booting over and over, I pressed the power button until shut it down. It's dead until now!
      I already tested booting with a new PSU connected to the board, but it remains dead. The MB doesn't respond to the power button of the chassis, neither the power button on the own MB. I have managed to evade the PSU problem! No problem with it.
      I'm trying to clear the CMOS, but as it seams I don't have power on the MB so it's impossible for me to reset it... I don't know what to do. All the equipment is brand new and I need your help because I think it has something to do with that looping boot and then turning the PC off. From then on, the MB stopped turning on/working.
      Last edited by Sly Sword; 01-20-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Hi i had the same problem with my asrock x79 champion it turned out that the onboard reset button was stuck down once i got that release it worked perfectly again it took me two days to figure it out hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X