ASRock FM2A75M-ITX 5800K GPU locked at 400Mhz with 2133 memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2A75M-ITX 5800K GPU locked at 400Mhz with 2133 memory

I have a problem with this board I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered. I'm running a A10 5800K and if I select 2133 memory in the bios (v1.90) the option to adjust the 'GFX clock' disappears and when I then boot into windows the GPU clock is detected as only 400Mhz, only half it's default speed! If I lower the speed to 1866 the option to adjust the GFX reappears and by default it runs at 800Mhz like it should.

This seems like a problem with the BIOS as I know from reviews of other motherboards that it is definitely possible to run the 5800K with 2133 memory speed and the GPU at full speed. My memory is an OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB, OCZ3SOE1600LV4GK) kit and only rated at 1600 but it runs at 2133 fine with 11-11-11-30 timings and 1.7v.

Does anyone know if there is way of adjusting the bios settings to allow 2133 memory with the 5800K GPU at full speed or is this a limitation with the motherboard/bios??

Re: ASRock FM2A75M-ITX 5800K GPU locked at 400Mhz with 2133 memory

Assuming you're running the latest BIOS revision, BIOS issues like that of disappearing BIOS options is something that should be brought to the attention of ASRock Technical Support.

ASRock > Support Request Form

If it is BIOS programming related they will investigate and likely release a new or BETA BIOS to remedy the anomaly.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes I'm using the latest BIOS v1.90. I already submitted a support request with ASRock tech support so will have to wait to see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by aidman_nz View Post
        Yes I'm using the latest BIOS v1.90. I already submitted a support request with ASRock tech support so will have to wait to see what they say.

If you'd be so kind as to post back to their findings on your reply/request, it'd be nice to hear what they discover .
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I picked up this Board and CPU last weekend and am having the same problem.

I submitted a support ticket to ASRock also so hopefully it will help getting a speedy response from them.

Comment

Hey, just wanted to update my situation with this problem.

I got a email back from ASRock customer support and the solution they offered was to update GPU-Z(the software I was using to check my GPU core clock). So they were obviously no help.

I did find two work a rounds though. First if you set your RAM to DDR3 1866 it will clock your GPU to 800MHZ with 933MHZ GPU memory, kind of a lame trade off. Second option is to get the latest version of AMD Overdrive, it has a setting to overclock AMD's APU chips now. I am able to clock my GPU to 800MHZ now with my GPU memory at 1066MHZ. I could probably get more but I am waiting on a 400W mITX PSU before I do more overclocking.

Hope that helps a little bit until ASRock comes out with a BIOS update.

Comment

Same Problem and still no answer from Asrock!

Comment

I am suffering from the same problem with my ASRock FM2A75M-DGS. I
                Also, what the beta BIOS does is run the memory at 1.65v, even though I unloaded the XMP profile and reset UEFI defaults.

I already contacted ASRock about this on 2 december 2012, and I still haven't received an answer.
                Please keep us posted on what ASRock tells you, and if you see the chance, tell them this problem occurs with the FM2A75M-DGS too.

Thanks in advance,
                Xavier.

Comment

Wrote an email to asrock, this is the (german) answer:

Translation:
                  It's not possible to use standard GPU Clock with RAM >1866MHz because the memory controller is overclocked.Because of shared memory there are some losses to the APU, that otherwise couldn't handle this.Like said before : When overclocked a stable system functionality can't be guaranteed. To get the best performance possible, the APU Clock has to be reduced.

And I say WTF are they saying?!On MSI and ASUS Boards it is possible to use 2133MHz RAM Clock and standard GPU-Settings so why isn't that possible on ASrock Mainboards? Seems like an issue caused by firmware, so it could be fixed if they really want to.Wrote again an email that using OC-RAM with standard clocks is possible on other mainboards by other manufacturers, let's see what their answer is.But why no comment on this issue in this forum, thought here are asrock support members too?</pre>

Comment

Originally posted by Diablokiller999 View Post
                    Wrote an email to asrock, this is the (german) answer:

Translation:
                    And I say WTF are they saying?!On MSI and ASUS Boards it is possible to use 2133MHz RAM Clock and standard GPU-Settings so why isn't that possible on ASrock Mainboards? Seems like an issue caused by firmware, so it could be fixed if they really want to.Wrote again an email that using OC-RAM with standard clocks is possible on other mainboards by other manufacturers, let's see what their answer is.But why no comment on this issue in this forum, thought here are asrock support members too?
                    If that is their answer, this seems to be a case of false advertising. They list 2133 as a speed that can be obtained using OC, yet they do not list that the board itself will forcibly reduce the GPU clock to get there. Neither is this listed in the manual or in the bios or in AXTU (their overclocking utility). A limitation this severe should be listed. Let's hope ASRock fixes this in a BIOS update because otherwise we'd have a product on our hands that doesn't conform to manufacturer specifications.

Comment

Working...
                    X