Z77 Extreme6 - 2 USB 3.0 ports not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme6 - 2 USB 3.0 ports not working properly

I have the Z77 Extreme6 board, and I just ran a check on every USB port available, and I have trouble with 2 of them; specifically, the 2 USB 3.0 ports located under the PS/2 mouse/keyboard port.

All the other USB ports work properly, including the 2 USB 3.0 ports under the
    RJ-45 LAN port. Any device plugged into these ports (even a USB 2.0 device) will be recognized by my machine, except when I plug them in the USB 3.0 ports on the far let of the board.

I checked the Quick Installation Guide again, and it turns out that they all don't utilize the same hardware driver. If I'm reading the guide correctly, I assume that the 2 USB 3.0 ports under the RJ-45 port, and the USB 3.0 header, all use the Intel Z77 USB 3.0 hardware driver, and the 2 USB 3.0 ports under the PS/2 port use the Etron J168A hardware driver.

My Device Manager shows the Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Controller and an Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub. My suspicion is that, either one of these drivers (if they are both drivers) is corrupted, or something is missing, because when I checked the System Browser in my UEFI, the presence of a USB device plugged into one of those Etron USB 3.0 ports was displayed.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 01-12-2013, 04:48 PM.

Re: Z77 Extreme6 - 2 USB 3.0 ports not working properly

I ran into an Etron driver issue that req'd an uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

Might try that.

...pause ...

YEA. HERE's where I read that uninstall, reboot, and reinstall procedure.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Z77 Extreme6 - 2 USB 3.0 ports not working properly

I didn't see anywhere in the guide which 2 of those ports are Etron and which 2 are Intel. Does the UEFI system browser actually show which is which?

Comment

Working...
      X