EFi vs BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFi vs BIOS

I'm trying to restore a system image of Win 7 - created on a Z77 extreme 4 using windows system image. I've upgraded the BIOS on the machine to the latest available & that BIOS was extant when I originally installed WIN 7. When I try to restore the system image I get "The system image was created on a computer using BIOS and the computer is using EFI." I take this to mean that the Z77 Extreme 4 needs to be reset to BIOS mode - but for the life of me I can't see hoe to do this. Any wisdom anyone ? Replies MUCH appreciated !

Re: EFi vs BIOS

There is no BIOS and UEFI mode on your or any board using an UEFI style BIOS, it has a UEFI style BIOS, the end.

It sounds like your Windows installation and backup was done on a MBR formatted disk, and you're trying to restore it to a GPT formatted disk. At least that's what the error message sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      There is no BIOS and UEFI mode on your or any board using an UEFI style BIOS, it has a UEFI style BIOS, the end.

It sounds like your Windows installation and backup was done on a MBR formatted disk, and you're trying to restore it to a GPT formatted disk. At least that's what the error message sounds like.
      I'm trying to restore to a blank disk - no partitions.

I think I have it figured out - the boot options (F11) gives options to boot the CDROM as "CDROM RAID " & "CDROM UEFI" "RAID" seems to be "Boot with BIOS" - Obvious ! Silly me !

Comment

Originally posted by escaladieu View Post
        I think I have it figured out - the boot options (F11) gives options to boot the CDROM as "CDROM RAID " & "CDROM UEFI" "RAID" seems to be "Boot with BIOS" - Obvious ! Silly me !
        Jackpot

You should be good for that restore now.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X