water cooling on the ASrock oc formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water cooling on the ASrock oc formula

My Overclock temps when folding are around 70c. I know the OC Formula has built in water cooling capabilities. But what does it cool if I hook it up? It says VRM I think, but what is a VRM? Will this cool the cpu at all? I have a 212 evo and was thinking about maybe going with a air/water hybrid cooling approach.

Re: water cooling on the ASrock oc formula

VRM is Voltage Regulator Module (or MOSFETs?). Those are the voltage regulators for the CPU power. The water cooling attachments ASR provides is meant as an extra place to connect a full custom water cooling setup. It will not cool the CPU at all.

Given the large heatsink, and fan provided for VRM cooling, the added water cooling is not something it needs. Plus the highest power usage socket 1155 CPUs don't use that much power, even when OC'd, so adding all the parts for water cooling just for the VRMs is a waste of money.

Comment

Re: water cooling on the ASrock oc formula

ah, now I see...thanks. My overclocked 3770k @4.5 is idling around 25c to 30c. I don't game. This is mostly a work computer. But in my off hours I'd like to do some folding without burning out my cpu. Looks like I will either have to clock back some or upgrade to a cpu water cooler.

Comment

Working...
      X