Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limit Problem multiplier stuck with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and i5 3570k

I had the same issues with my Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and i5 3570k:
    Support just sent me a new bios and it is working again. Here's what they wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It appears that the Intel ME firmware was corrupted. This is usually caused by an interrupting in a BIOS update procedure. Sometimes first the BIOS is update, and after a restart an Intel ME firmware update might follow. If the USB flash drive with the BIOS file is pulled from the system too early, the ME firmware update cannot be executed it it might get corrupted.

Sometimes we also see it happening in some OC scenarios. Sometimes we cannot find the exact reason. On later generations motherboards ME firmware corruption become much more rare.

Kind regards,
    ASRock Support

Comment

Solution here:
      How to fix your BIOS if there is corrupted ME area | Overclockers Forums

Comment

Comment

Just started having exact same problem. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and i7-2600k. Win 10 update did something now many missing BIOS options. Stuck my 2600k into my old P8P67 LE and everything works. Put back in the Z77 and it's FUBAR again. p2.90 BIOS ver.

Comment

Working...
          X