asrock e350M1 heatsink loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock e350M1 heatsink loose

I bought an asrock e350m1 motherboard from amazon, and some ram from another supplier on the internet, the ram from the other supplier took way longer to get to me than the amazon order so I started to build it today, but heres my problem.
    I was building the computer today, and I couldnt get it to start so started checking that the ram and all the components were seated properly and then I saw that the heatsink on the mobo is loose - it has 2 white headed pins and the one pin is not making any contact with the board - is not in the hole on the mobo - and is loose, if you touch the fan it bounces around - what do I do?

i have contacted Amazon about the problem and I am awaiting their answer - please help

regards
    Nath
    Last edited by tunznath; 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM.

Re: asrock e350M1 heatsink loose

Do I send it back? as it wont startup.
    Last edited by tunznath; 12-14-2012, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Re: asrock e350M1 heatsink loose

It seems the CPU cooler was loosened from its mounting during shipping. The CPU cooler is not contacting the CPU correctly, so it gets to hot very quickly, and the board shuts down automatically (if nothing else is wrong.) If you can't push the pin through its hole without removing the board, you get to have the fun of removing the board, and try to get the pin into place.

If you don't feel up to it, then return the board and hope the next one does not have the same shipping damage.

Comment

Working...
      X