Motherboard CPU Compatibility Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard CPU Compatibility Question

Hi, have just bought a new ASRock N68c-gs fx motherboard. I was wanting too know if these type of cpu's are usable a AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4300WMHKBOX or a AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX. I have looked at the support page and those are not on the list as I can see.

Re: Motherboard CPU Compatibility Question

Just seen that I cant use any Fx cpu ones still need help with am3+ cpu AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX and AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX
    Last edited by LordCoke; 12-14-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

ummm, yea.

The below page states what you can use on this board.

ASRock N68C-GS FX and then click on CPU Support List
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes I have looked at the support page before I even asked this Question that's way I posted it here too see if any on knows. The support page is not up to date if u look up the cpu part id on that support page there old and amd does not make some of them
        Last edited by LordCoke; 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LordCoke View Post
          Just seen that I cant use any Fx cpu ones still need help with am3+ cpu AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX and AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX
          Thank you for changing to FX.

I'm not sure what page you're looking at, but it doesn't excuse the fact that that board does support some AM3+ FX processors. Even some PileDriver CPU's.

Yes I have looked at the support page before I even asked this Question that's way I posted it here too see if any on knows. The support page is not up to date if u look up the cup's part id on that support page there old and amd does not make some of them
          Just because they don't list the BOX p/n's doesn't mean they don't support a certain processor. It only means some work on your part is needed to translate the BOX #'s to OEM/Tray #'s.

Allow me ........
          AMD Athlon II X3 455 - ADX455WFK32GM / ADX455WFGMBOX
          The ADX455WFGMBOX translates to ADX455WFK32GM and is plainly supported by ALL BIOSs.

And whether AMD is still making a proc or not it's nice to be able to say what will or will not work on a board. Media servers don't req a fast proc so knowing what is the lowest denominator per board, outdated or otherwise, is nice. Better to be told, as is, than guess?
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I did not know that about the BOX p/n's to OEM/Tray #'s. lol I confused my self on that FX and the AM3+ slots. I should of known that. i was not thinking.

Comment

I should of known that. i was not thinking.
              Eh, we all at one time or another do that. No problems. The older we(I!) get the seemingly more often it occurs. Heaven forbid you managed an FM proc in an AM3+ socket.

I'll bet should you call ASRock, seeing it is now stating support for some Piledriver FX's(and a messy support page, looks unfinished like someone took lunch and forgot about finishing it) that that 4300 Vishera you mention in your first post might be supported too. Vishera microcode is, to the best of my knowledge, the same support regardless of which Vishera. BUT, I'd call first before investing in one.

Better yet, send a PM to "ASRock TSD - Emily" using THIS link and ask about FX-4300 support on the board. She readily responds to PM's and is a valuable asset here at TweakTown.

Comment

Working...
              X