Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock H77M-ITX Connection Problems

Hi,

New to HTPC builds and am experiencing a problem powering up a recently completed build.

Case: Streacom FC8 Evo
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M-ITX
    GPU: Intel i3-3225
    Memory: 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR RAM
    HDD: 2 TB WD Green Caviar
    Power: Wesena Pico PSU 80
    ODD: Sony BC-5640H Blu-Ray Slot Load (Internal)

I'm guessing the issue is with the front panel connection with the power header. The power button has two connections (+/-), yet the Mobo has only (+) and (ground) dedicated to the power button. The LED comes on when powering up, but nothing else does. The optical drive and HDD do not power up.

In theory all cables are wired up correctly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Asrock H77M-ITX Connection Problems

I found a possible fix on perfecthometheater.com

Apparently the assembly instructions (Wesena IR) have incorrect diagrams. Perfect Home Theater tech support have published a work around.

Comment

Re: Asrock H77M-ITX Connection Problems

+/- is same as +/GND

The linked pdf above you supplied, the only difference I see between the two illustrations, correct me if I'm wrong, is that they swap around the two 2-pin POWER plugs on the IR module.

I'm not into HTPC and Mini-ITX boards, but are you sure 80w is enough to crank this over???

But if you're sure 80w is plenty ...........

Since it appears you're using the "onboard' gpu, then with the HD and DVD drive disconnected from the 80w psu, will it boot and allow you into the BIOS?

If it does not, then I'd say it's time to bench mb/cpu/ram outside of the case on a non-conductive surface.
      Last edited by - wardog -; 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM. Reason: Clarification
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X