Fatal1ty 990FX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty 990FX ?

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before (I'm sure it has), but my luck with 'search' is not so hott. Anways, my Fatal1ty 990FX board from newegg should be here tomorrow and i was just wondering if i need to flash the bios with my am3 chip (1090T) or if i can just drop my 8350 in and be good to go. Also, What bios is the most current/solid for the 8350. Thanks a lot!

Re: Fatal1ty 990FX ?

Assuming it's new and not one of their open box items, the BIOS chip(lower left corner) has a sticker on it that lists what BIOS version is installed.

On the CPU Support List (<- Link) it states the board needs at least BIOS P1.70 installed to support your FX-8350
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Right on, thanks for the help.

Comment

I got my ASRock 990FX Fatality board about 3 weeks ago and it came with BIOS 1.80... I'm still running a 1090T chip in it even though tomorrow i'll be grabbing a FX-8350 to replace it. I went ahead and flashed to BIOS to version 1.90 just to be on the safe side when i install the FX-8350 chip... However, as stated previously, you should be able to use the FX-8350 right away on the board with the BIOS it's shipped with...

AJ

Comment

Working...
        X