Asrock Extreme 4 + fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme 4 + fans

I recently installed 2 of the Coolermaster 4 in 1 fanes on the top of my Corsair 400r. I didn't have any available chassis fan connections in reach so I plugged one in the PWR connector. 2 Part question. I hear that you don't want to plug too many fans into the MOBO, so will having the CPU, and a total of 3 chassis fans affect the mobo, and is it ok to plug a fan into the PWR connector next to the CPU2 connector? Ok maybe 3 part. I plan on coupling a CM blade master for push pull with my Hyper 212 plus. I ordered the PWM Y connector, but I read that its not good to plug 2 fans into 1 connector. I'm confused with all this conflicting fan talk. Thx for any input.

Re: Asrock Extreme 4 + fans

Your board has six fan headers. The CPU_Fan2 header (three pin) is supposed to be synchronized with the CPU_Fan1 header, even if you use a four pin PWM fan on it, like the Blade Master. Instead of the fan splitter, try the two CPU fans on those two headers.

The fan headers on most boards (like this one) allow up to 1.0A of power. Check the label of your fans to be sure they are below that. Some fans use more power than their specs/label, but your CM fans should be fine.

If the CPU_Fan2 header does not control the second fan's speed, you should be able to use the splitter with the two Blade Master fans on your '212, which comes with a Blade Master fan, as you know. As long as the two fans don't use more than 1.0A total, you should be fine.

Using the PWR_Fan header is fine, but you cannot control its speed, any fan connected to it will run at full speed.

Your four in one pack of CM fans should be the Sickle Flow fans. They are rated at 0.37A, so are not stressing the fan headers.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Your board has six fan headers. The CPU_Fan2 header (three pin) is supposed to be synchronized with the CPU_Fan1 header, even if you use a four pin PWM fan on it, like the Blade Master. Instead of the fan splitter, try the two CPU fans on those two headers.

The fan headers on most boards (like this one) allow up to 1.0A of power. Check the label of your fans to be sure they are below that. Some fans use more power than their specs/label, but your CM fans should be fine.

If the CPU_Fan2 header does not control the second fan's speed, you should be able to use the splitter with the two Blade Master fans on your '212, which comes with a Blade Master fan, as you know. As long as the two fans don't use more than 1.0A total, you should be fine.

Using the PWR_Fan header is fine, but you cannot control its speed, any fan connected to it will run at full speed.

Your four in one pack of CM fans should be the Sickle Flow fans. They are rated at 0.37A, so are not stressing the fan headers.
      Wow, I wouldn't have expected that much info and that detailed. Thank you very much

Comment

Thanks, but I cheated. I have the same board, have all the fans you have, I've used a PWM fan splitter cable, and read the few good fan reviews on the Internet.

Comment

Working...
        X