X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 does not detect wireless cards

Hello,

This was my first build.

I have tried both pci slots available and neither of them seem to work. I have 2 different cards so I'm relatively sure it is not the card itself. The GPU works fine. Is there anything I could have missed while building that would cause this?

Thanks

Re: ASRock Z77 does not detect wireless cards

Any driver software needed for the cards that was not installed?

Have you gone into the Windows Network and Sharing Center to setup your network connection?

Can you find the cards in Windows Device Manager, and are they working Ok?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Any driver software needed for the cards that was not installed?

Have you gone into the Windows Network and Sharing Center to setup your network connection?

Can you find the cards in Windows Device Manager, and are they working Ok?
      The now 3 cards I have tried , I either dont have the CD or there is none.

I already have it set up. Unless new cards have to be setup that way?

No they do not show up in the Device manager nor the Bios under the pci slot.

I have tried both pci slots available to me

Comment

A bit of good news. It detected a sound card from an older computer i had laying around. So the slot is good.

Comment

Your wireless cards need driver software, whether provided by Windows if a generic driver is available, or from the cards manufacture. Where did the cards come from, a PC you bought in the past, or as add on cards purchased individually?

Start Device Manager, and right click on the first, top entry in the list. Click on "Scan for hardware changes", and see what happens.

If you know the manufactures of the cards, you could check their web sites for drivers.

Comment

2 of them came from PCs i had bought in the past the third was from a friend at work. I have installed drivers for the linksys one and the dynex one, rebooted but they still dont appear in the device manager even under other or unknown devices.

Scanning for hardware changes still doesn't make them show up. Windows doesnt detect them either.
            Last edited by Kyton; 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Well I got a new card today and that one doesn't work either. The install CD wants the card inserted before it finishes and since it doesn't detect it the install wont finish.

Comment

Who makes and what models of these cards do you have? Which Linksys and Dynex models?

As I recall when I last used a Linksys card like that (which is why I would not use a wireless Internet connection for a desktop PC), during the driver installation, the PC must be shutdown, powered off, and then the card is put in the PCI slot. Apply power, restart, and continue.
                Last edited by parsec; 12-11-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                  Who makes and what models of these cards do you have? Which Linksys and Dynex models?

As I recall when I last used a Linksys card like that (which is why I would not use a wireless Internet connection for a desktop PC), during the driver installation, the PC must be shutdown, powered off, and then the card is put in the PCI slot. Apply power, restart, and continue.
                  1: Linksys Wireless-G pci Adapter 2.4ghz model: WMP54g
                  2: Dynex G desktop card model: DX-wgdtc
                  3: Broadcom (only have the card and there isn't markings on it)
                  4: D link Xtreme N Desktop PCI adapter model DWA-552

Comment

Working...
                  X