Sound via HDMI no sound on headphones, asrock 970extreme 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound via HDMI no sound on headphones, asrock 970extreme 3

So I kinda had to wing it installing everything on this computer. (win7 64bit via USB mount stick) and didnt have a chance to put in the CD my mobo came with. Went to the website downloaded the extreme 3 AMD all in one package.. Didnt work. says headphones are connected and EQ dances but no sound.. Installed the Audio codec both as97? and Hi Def. Still nothing.. I have a amd Hd 7750 2gig 256bit card Hooked up to my TV/monitor. So i uninstalled them both and all i have is TWO high definition devices in my device manager..

Do i need to uninstall ALL sound drivers.. ALL amd catalyst software? which cable needs to be pluged into my mobo? my case adapter has both high def and, ac97 for the front pannel.. I dont even have to use the front pannel.. Which driver should I download to get sound? I am on bios 1.10...

Also can i go from 1.10 to the latest bio without causing any problems? skiping a few versions of bio's?

Can i get headphone audio while having an screen that uses hdmi for sound/video?

Thank you kindly for any advice you have.. Ill check back periodically. In the process of updating windows...

Asrock 970 extreme 3 1.10 bios//////AMD zembezi 3.8//// 16 gig of kingston//// 1terabyte baracuda 64mb cache 7200 rpm windows 7

Re: Sound via HDMI no sound on headphones, asrock 970extreme 3

I also set onboard audio to enabled rather than AUTO in the bio's earlier... still nothing

Comment

Re: Sound via HDMI no sound on headphones, asrock 970extreme 3

You probably checked this already, but please confirm the master volume is not muted?
      Try using just the green audio connector on the back of the motherboard.
      Make sure those headphones work. are they apple iDevice headphones with the extra band for the controls? those may not work properly as the extra band might be getting the ground.
      if it detects the headphones, and has bars, likely the issue is volume, a problem with the headphones, or a connection issue.

Syn

Comment

Working...
      X