z77 Extreme 4 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 Extreme 4 issues

initially the board would not recognize my video card (GTX570). I installed windows 8 via on-board graphics, I then flashed the bios with the current 2.50 via instant flash with a USB flash drive.

now my Video card is recognized and the machine is running however the supplied drivers were useless and after downloading and installing several of the windows 8 64 bit drivers my windows 8 failed to start at all. After several tries at booting Windows reverted itself back to before the drivers were installed on its own. now im running off realtek audio only and beta geforce video drivers I have only one conflict in device manager (USB mass storage device).

now my main issue is upon every restart I have to clear the CMOS with the button on the rear other wise it hangs on the initial post screen for keys to get to bios etc and none of those keys will work.

is there anything I can do to make this right or am I going back to windows 7 and hope this goes away..

also strange issue about safely remove Hardware the menu brings up my HDD and has the option to "eject" my only HDD. (problem ejecting drive it is in use LOL)

Re: z77 Extreme 4 issues

** UPDATE **

I read another thread about the grey ports being driver controlled so I thought I'd shut down and try swapping to the black port. well after shutting down I realized I had forgotten to check another thread and booted it back up and all was well booted into windows 8 no problem.

also just tried restarting and booted just fine... Im a little confused now. last night it wouldnt work with out CMOS reset now it seems to be working as it should.
    Last edited by InlineR; 11-24-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X