Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS Shows Installed RAM 32 GB but only 24 GB Usable

Hi,
    Recently I have Installed 32 GB of RAM in my AsRock 990FX Extreme4 motherboard, But I cannot access the full amount of RAM. My OS (Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit) shows :
    Installed memory(RAM): 32.0 GB (24.0 GB usable).
    My BIOS version is 1.80 and I can view four 8 GB RAM in my BIOS screen. I want to use the full amount of RAM in my system. Do I have to update the BIOS to 2.00 version or is it a OS glitch. Please suggest me something.

Thanks in advance!

Re: OS Shows Installed RAM 32 GB but only 24 GB Usable

Quick and easy way to tell if it's hardward/bios related or windows is to run memtest86+ from a usb/floppy.
    if it reports all 32GB it's windows, if not, its the bios (or hardware problem)

It's also possible windows is detecting a memory problem and is blocking that ram. memtest86+ should also confirm a memory problem

Syn

Comment

Re: OS Shows Installed RAM 32 GB but only 24 GB Usable

Hi, Thanks for the reply. As your suggestion I have tried the memtest86+ which also showed me that system have 24 GB of RAM. Then I just switched off the system and swapped the RAM modules in the DIMM slot after cleaning them. That did the trick. Now the OS is recognizing full 32 GB of RAM. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X