ASRock Z77 Pro4 will not clock to 1866Hz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Pro4 will not clock to 1866Hz

I have 2 x 4GB 1866Hz memory but cannot tweak it to be so in the BIOS. I am currently on 1600Hz and works great. But, I did not buy the 1866Hz memory to stay here. I am aware the motherboard says it is 1866(O.C.) compliant. How do I get my BIOS to change the speed to this? I am currently giving 1.5V to the memory, which is the max it supports.

Thanks in advance.

Re: ASRock Z77 Pro4 will not clock to 1866Hz

What have you done in your BIOS to change the speed of your memory?

The DRAM Timing Configuration settings are in the OC Tweaker screen of your BIOS. Depending on your memory, try setting Load XMP Setting to Profile 1.

If that doesn't work, set DRAM Frequency to 1866. Your manual describes these settings on pages 48 and 49.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith13 View Post
      I have 2 x 4GB 1866Hz memory but cannot tweak it to be so in the BIOS. I am currently on 1600Hz and works great. But, I did not buy the 1866Hz memory to stay here. I am aware the motherboard says it is 1866(O.C.) compliant. How do I get my BIOS to change the speed to this? I am currently giving 1.5V to the memory, which is the max it supports.

Thanks in advance.
      Try on A2 - B2 slots
      On my z77 extreme 4 A1 - B1 slots fail with XMP and 1866hz

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith13 View Post

Thanks in advance.
        Have you checked to make sure the motherboard supports that RAM? You haven't given us any model numbers or even manufacturers.
        Finally, does that memory even work at 1866 elsewhere? are you sure the RAM is not defective? Try loosing up the timings and see if it works then. Don't go crazy with voltage, you might do more damage than good.

Comment

argz (nice name BTW) is correct, the A2 and B2 slots are specified by ASR as the optimal location of OC'd memory. IMO, that works best with memory that is not on the compatibility list, or is but not in different sizes, for example 4GB DIMMs of a model are on the list, but the same model's 8GB DIMMs are not.

But, I have 4, 4GB DIMMs OC'd past their specs, which is not the case with the OP's memory, and it works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            argz (nice name BTW) is correct, the A2 and B2 slots are specified by ASR as the optimal location of OC'd memory. IMO, that works best with memory that is not on the compatibility list, or is but not in different sizes, for example 4GB DIMMs of a model are on the list, but the same model's 8GB DIMMs are not.

But, I have 4, 4GB DIMMs OC'd past their specs, which is not the case with the OP's memory, and it works fine for me.
            A little off topic and slightly hijacking the thread lol, but what timings are you using for your samsungs at 2000? I Killed my black mamba's removing the heat spreaders LOL! that double sided tape is damn strong! lol. yanked the chips right off the board.
            I picked up some samsungs as i've never tried them before. I'm running 11-14-14-34 at @2000, because i haven't taken the time to tighten them up yet. That is the auto detect timings.

Comment

My pleasure Syn, this Samsung memory is crazy stuff, no XMP profile (who cares) and I get slightly different JEDEC values depending upon what utility I use. The low voltage capability of this memory is wild, but I think CPU-Z is wrong with the 1.28V value, Samsung's 1.35V spec is plenty low.

This is on my Z77 EX 4 board, with an i5-3570K, 16GB at 1.4V, 2000, no changes to IMC voltage at all:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cpuzsammemory.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	753388

On my other Z77 EX 4 board with an i7-2600K with 16GB of the same Samsung memory, I can run 1866 at 9 9 9 24 1T, at 1.4V. Curiously, with this CPU, the memory speed choices jump from 1866 to 2133, and it would not boot for me at 2133, with Auto timings, but I didn't play with it very much. I found that tweaking the BCLK the tiny bit you can actually do, did not bother this memory.

On my other board with the i5-3570K, I can choose 2000 as a memory speed with this memory, must be an Ivy Bridge thing, same UEFI in both boards. I could swear I had this setup at 2133 with Auto timings or a bit better, at 1.5V.

I had this memory in my P67 board too, and it worked fine. The first memory in a long time that just works in any board, hilarious, I love it!

I would set the memory voltage at 1.5V at first when trying higher speeds and timings, and if it was stable, tweak the memory voltage down. As always, YMMV.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X