X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northbridge Push-pins

Hi,

I have this motherboard: ASRock > 770DE3L

I broke my northbridge heatsink plastic screws (push-pins) , where can I find the same screws?

Thanks in advance,
    Linacman.

Re: Northbridge Push-pins

Is it impossible to find same screws? Many Asrock motherboards have same screws as mine , for example A770DE, 970DE3/U3S3 etc.

Please anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Re: Northbridge Push-pins

Uhh, have you tried going to your local computer shop (Mom & Dad type, not big Retailers like Best Buy)? Just take a sample so that they can see and most probably they will have one or several in a jiffy...and cheap.

I did this when checking my brother's computer (lives in another town) and found that what was shorting it (would not boot) was the brass standoffs (took the mobo out of the case and connected it on the table with minimal hardware--some call it "breadboarding"). He took me to the closest shop where we bought 6 of the plastic variety (sort of rare) for $1.50 usd total. Since I like to use plastic standoffs which reduces the possibility of the motherboard shorting with the case to nothing (-0-), I asked how many they had. They came up with around 40 which they sold me for $0.15 each, after a little haggling (hmm, wholesale?) and have them stockpiled for just in case because they do break after a certain amount of mounts and dismounts of the motherboard. I like to use them on tech/test benches because, after a slight mod of cutting a little piece of plastic, mobos are easy to pop in and out of the bench--not screwing or unscrewing which takes time, if just a little.

You see, many normal folks, when told their systems are not repairable and are obsolete (DDR1 memory for ex.), just leave them at the shop, go to a big box retailer and buy a whole new system. Except for rescuing data from the hdd, the rest really is "junk" and here is where the shop keepers get their "legacy spare parts", mostly free. They either give the owner back the hdd with his/her info (or if not, charge him for rescuing what they can to a pen drive) and whatever they might want like a DVD burner or other useful hardware and leave the rest. It beats a lot of ways of having to get rid of the carcass themselves.

If your into messing around with your computer like many here, you might as well get several cuz you will be busting more with time and while you learn, hehe.

P.D. Oops, just noticed you are in Albania, so probably no "Best Buys" over there but it refers to any big retailer or big online store which Best Buys are. They might have push pins from the old stuff that is left for repairs and never picked up there but will not sell it to you--it is not "new" and is too much of a problem to add a sale bar-code to, so they just sit there until they throw the junk out.
      Last edited by Papang; 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM. Reason: Albania

Comment

Working...
      X