ultra fast boot - asrock z77 extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra fast boot - asrock z77 extreme 4

Hi, is it possible to get it to work with Raid1 ?

Thanks,
    Joe

Re: ultra fast boot - asrock z77 extreme 4

Ultrafast boot is only for Windows 8. A RAID 1 of what, HDDs, SSDs, and how many?

Personally, I found even Fast boot, with a RAID 0 volume of SSDs with Windows 7, to not work, it caused a semi-double POST. Whatever it does is not good with Windows 7 at least, I have it disabled and it boots faster that way.

Comment

Hi, sorry it's Raid 0 - stripped set of two ssd (128gb) drives.

If it isn't possible then, that's ok. I don't think my video card - gtx470 would allow it to boot to ultrafast mode anyways.

Comment

I have a 77 Extreme4 Mother board and have installed windows 8. I have gotten fastboot to work, ultrafast boot is enabled in the UEFI. In a asrock youtubevid, ASrock says boot time is improved by disabling csm.
        How do I disable csm?
        I have not been able to locate a settting to disable?

Comment

CSM was removed from the Z77 EX 4's UEFI in v2.50 or v2.40, not sure which one. I recall that it was in the Boot screen, below the fast boot option. The two versions of the manual I am aware of don't list it.

Comment

EX4-M still has option to control CSM, it's in the ACPI/Advanced menu, last item. But it does disappear from that menu if Fast Boot is set to anything but Disabled in the Boot menu.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I am running 2.40 so it must have been changed between 2.30 and 2.40.

Comment

Working...
              X