H77M-ITX cannot enter bios on HDMI or DVI+HDMI converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H77M-ITX cannot enter bios on HDMI or DVI+HDMI converter

I'm using an i3-3220T processor on the H77M-ITX board. I can enter the bios on a DVI connection to DVI LCD, however when I connect through HDMI to my Yamaha AVR->Vizio HDTV, I get no video until Windows loads. I had to plug in a VGA cable to get video on my TV through the RGB port. My previous board with discreet ATI 5760 would let me enter the bios screen through HDMI. I have the onboard video set as primary in the bios. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Or is this a limitation of the onboard graphics?

Re: H77M-ITX cannot enter bios on HDMI or DVI+HDMI converter

sorry to bump, but still having this issue :(

Comment

Re: H77M-ITX cannot enter bios on HDMI or DVI+HDMI converter

The TV combined with the Intel 2500 graphics is probably the issue, you were lucky to get the BIOS screen with the TV and the discrete video. The problem is related to the TV's resolution and the resolution used for the BIOS screen.

When booted to Windows, press the Windows key and p. You should see a selection of display types, and hopefully "TV" or "TV Only". Select either of those and see if that helps.

BTW, where did you find an i3-3220T? Any of the 'S' or 'T' Intel CPUs can be hard to find.
      Last edited by parsec; 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X