Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme6 mouse freezing/hangin

Hi all,

Recently built my newest system and had no issues until I put my OCZ Vertex 4 from an older system in my new build. The mainboard is an ASRock Z77 Extreme6, and I have updated all the drivers, etc.. I formatted the SSD and did a clean install of Windows 7 and had no issues until I was actually in Windows.
    Then, the keyboard and mouse were both unresponsive. I unplugged them and replaced them and got the audio confirmations I expected. I've rebooted several times, reset the BIOS to default values, etc.. I'm now able to use the keyboard with no problems and the mouse acts normally for periods of time, then hangs and is unresponsive for a period of time, then acts normal again. Again, all seemed fine until I connected the SSD and installed my OS. Could the mouse and drive somehow share an IRQ? Oh, I also installed an old Radeon HD 4850 as I prepared to boot my OS from the SSD and wonder if that could somehow be affecting the mouse.

I've never had an issue like this in any previous build and this is very disappointing, as I have high hopes for this build after I'm able to purchase a larger SSD, a current generation graphics card, more RAM and a Blu-Ray recorder to complete the build.

Thanks in advance for any helpful input,

Neal
Working...
X