Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

I need somehelp before I buy this motherboard. I want to water cool it and can not find anywhere what size are the fittings or the barbs are on the motherboard and if you can remove them and put your own in place. OR could someone tell me what size tubing will fit on these barbs. I am wanting to order everything i need and a little more but need to know this information so i can water cool my system. i have looked and can not find the answer to this any where so could someone please help me????

Re: Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

i have looked around too i found out not sure if it is true some say that it is ID 10mm

Comment

yes, it's 10mm might be 9 actually. they are smaller than normal and the tube does not sit very tight. I would go with 3/8 ID if you can (which is about 9.5mm)

having said that, I'm on water with 10mm ID koolance tubing and clips.. the clips are pretty loose but no leaks so far.

No you cannot remove the barbs. it was brought up to Nick Shih, and he said he'll fix that for the "next board"

Syn
      Last edited by synack; 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by synack View Post
        yes, it's 10mm might be 9 actually. they are smaller than normal and the tube does not sit very tight. I would go with 3/8 ID if you can (which is about 9.5mm)

having said that, I'm on water with 10mm ID with koolance tubing and clips.. the clips are pretty loose but no leaks so far.

No you cannot remove the barbs. it was brought up to Nick Shih, and he said he'll fix that for the "next board"

Syn
        do you recommend to be save and clamp down the barb just in case if the water pressure get to high and the hoes may come lose? or is it pretty much
        save?

Comment

I'm not running a lot of pressure, so I'm not personally worrying about it (I'm experienced with this sort of thing, so I feel I can make a qualified judgement in my case). But I would recommend some sort of clamp, I wouldn't even try to guess how much pressure would be too much.

It IS loose enough that it *could* come off with pressure.

There, that is my formal warning lol.

Comment

Working...
          X