Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

i have exactly same issue with 880g extreme3 (890gx extreme3)

they have FULL bios (not beta) P2.10 listed in supported CPU list so i flashed on my old althon x3 and get fx-8320 from shop

at first all worked but then after hour of idling computer freeze -> prime95 -> another freeze after just few seconds at stock
    also throttling appeared

so i started to google users with same issue and found few people getting same behavior on asrock products
    next step was to send asrock email now its 10 days and no answer at all they just removed all 125W CPUs from support list without any explanation

as we can see on asus/gigabyte products bulldozer can work without any problems on 760g/880g/890gx/890fx etc..
    so please asrock stop ignoring us and fix that or just say why its not possible and i go and buy new MB (but not from asrock ofc..)

this issues happened even on 970 extreme4 which is full am3+ MB

Comment

Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

880g pro3 got that update ASRock 880G Pro3 1.42 (Direct From ASRock Support) Unreleased [Attatched]

i just cant understand why not all 880g/890fx/890gx get that update

just dont write that its not possible because of small ROM etc.. as MSI/ASUS/GIGABYTE made it work on their 890 series with no UEFI at all
      Last edited by oneb1t; 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I need a bios update for 890FX Deluxe4 with piledriver cpu support. Anyone know why this hasn't been released? I'd really like to drop an 8320 or 8350 into my board. The board supports 125w cpus and bulldozer cpus, but no piledriver cpus or bd@125w according to cpusupport.

How hard would it be to put out a bios for this board that correctly recognizes the cpu(s) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Robstarusa View Post
          I need a bios update for 890FX Deluxe4 with piledriver cpu support. Anyone know why this hasn't been released? I'd really like to drop an 8320 or 8350 into my board. The board supports 125w cpus and bulldozer cpus, but no piledriver cpus or bd@125w according to cpusupport.

How hard would it be to put out a bios for this board that correctly recognizes the cpu(s) ?
          I wrote to ASRock who tested FX43xx and FX63xx and they said these should work, but not FX83xx due to 125w power usage (125w). However my 1090T (125w) works just fine.

I have a feeling that their "support" isn't all that knowledgeable about their products. I hope Emily can post something here...I've dropped her a line by private message already.

What is really funny is that 890FXDeluxe5 supports all vishera and 890FXDeluxe4 doesn't officiall support Vishera. the 890FX Deluxe4 officially supports up to 125w processors, so why won't ASRock 1) Update cpu support list to show FX-43xx and FX-63xx and 2) not try/confirm that it supports 8150/8320/8350) ? All are under 140w!!!
          Last edited by Robstarusa; 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

ASRock is outright fabricating it's specifications for the 890FX Deluxe4.

I have a screenshot showing AM3+ support on the 890FX Deluxe and 140w cpu support. There is no reason it shouldn't support ALL bd/pd cpus -- but it doesn't! Also: Asrock support claims FX-6300/4300 unofficially works but haven't updated the CPU List.
            Screenshot in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Robstarusa View Post
              ASRock is outright fabricating it's specifications for the 890FX Deluxe4.

I have a screenshot showing AM3+ support on the 890FX Deluxe and 140w cpu support. There is no reason it shouldn't support ALL bd/pd cpus -- but it doesn't! Also: Asrock support claims FX-6300/4300 unofficially works but haven't updated the CPU List.
              Screenshot in this thread
              re: white AM3 socket vs black AM3b socket

FWIW, ASRocks take on the two and some discussion on power per socket

ASRock Socket AM3+ motherboards. Preview | HWlab
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi,
                I know it is a quite old topic, so that forgive me if I try to use it.
                I've an Asrock 890fx Deluxe 3 with L3.03 Bios. I'd like to upgrade it with Amd FX-8350 CPU, can you confirm me it works? Thank you very much!

Originally posted by supcos View Post
                I'm also waiting for the new bios support the new Vishera processor. Maybe a beta bios. I don't want to buy a new

mainboard.

The 890FX Deluxe3 and the 890FX Deluxe 4 are equal and identical.
                (There are only 2 differences: the deluxe4 has a Cool Heatpipe fanless and the audio controller is Realtek ALC892

Audio Codec instead of VIA VT2020 Audio Codec)

They have the same white AM3 socket.
                The Deluxe4 officialy supports the new FX 8120,8150 processor since bios 1.60. Now the lastest bios is 1.70 (and I'm

sure Asrock forgot to upgrade the cpu support list!!! It's not the first time it happened. I wrote them so they

updated the cpu support list of the Deluxe3 for the phenom ii x4 980.)
                The Deluxe3 supports the new FX processor only with BETA bios L3.03.

FX8150 and FX8350 have the same specs and pins number, but the first one is older and slower than the second one.

So the real problem isn't the white AM3 socket instead the grey AM3+ socket.

The 890 Deluxe3, Deluxe4 and Deluxe 5 are very similar mainboards.

Many times I wrote to the asrock support and I explained my ideas. I received only one response. "Please read the

cpu support list"

I believe ASRock doesn't want to offer the same support for Deluxe 3, 4 and 5 due to commercial reasons instead of

technical problems related to the motherboard.

What do you suggest I can do? Write, write and write again to the ASRock support?

In the past, the same event happened with my old maindboard asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe and the M3A79-T Deluxe and the

M4A79 Deluxe for the release of the bios support phenom ii x6.

This is why now I have an ASRock mainboard instead of an asus one....but if nobody is going to give me an exhaustive

and technical answer about the Deluxe3 can not suport Vishera processor....the next my mainboard will not be ASRock.

Comment

Working...
                X