FM2A85X Extreme 6 Memory Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A85X Extreme 6 Memory Config

Is it OK to install 4 sticks of 1866Mhz memory for dual configuration? I'm using A10-5800 APU.

Re: FM2A85X Extreme 6 Memory Config

Yes but this MB is very picky about RAM and I just ordered a third brand of RAM trying to stabilize the board. If this doesn't work I am buying a different brand MB.

Random BSOD's during use and even on shut-down.

Comment

<dl style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; "><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-size: 1em; line-height: 1.2em; ">G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

Works great
      </dd></dl>

Comment

I am using the same ,obo with 2 - 8GB sticks of G.Skil 1866........on BIOS 1.40 and am running stabely with my DDRAM at 1600.........trying to Flash up to 1.60 in hopes of then being able to use this at 1866 because they say that one of those bios updates was to stabilize some RAM issues....le's hope this is one of them.......I have not been able after 6-8 attempts to flash UP yet - or I could tell you whether it did the trick.

Comment

I was just successful in updating my FM2A85X Extreme6 to BIOS 1.60 - - - BIOS 1.50 was to basically improve Memory compatibility........and then under Advanced in the BIOS you are now able to CHOOSE DDR3 XMP 1 or 2 [look the same to me - chose 1] and then choose/activate your G.Skill 1866 [WORKED for me - same brand too].

Have FUN even if your NOT in the SUN!

Comment

Working...
          X